The Body Ecology Diet book addresses the sources of inflammation - one of the silent causes of aging and disease. Get your copy to read how healing your digestion can reduce inflammation in your body and help you get well!
Did you know that inflammation is the common link between such debilitating conditions as Alzheimers, heart disease, cancer, and arthritis?
Did you know inflammation is thought to be the culprit behind the visible signs of aging?
Inflammation is a wellness buzz-word these days, and for good reason. If you reduce inflammation in your body, you'll not only look and feel younger, but you'll significantly lower your risk for chronic disease!
What is Inflammation?
Inflammation is your body's response to stress - whether from your diet, lifestyle or environment. Think of what happens when you catch a cold. You may experience inflammation in the form of a fever as your body heats up to eradicate the effects of the invading virus.
This kind of inflammation is good, but the modern epidemic of chronic, low-grade inflammation destroys the balance in your body. When your body's systems experience a constant inflammatory response, you become more susceptible to aging and disease.
What Causes Inflammation?
Body Ecology believes that one of the main causes of inflammation is low-grade bacterial, viral, and fungal infections in the bloodstream and organs like the stomach and gastro-intestinal tract.
For example, H pylori is a bacteria in the stomach that contributes to inflammation and the development of ulcers. H pylori is present in 50% of adults over 60 years old and in 20% of adults under the age of 40!
As you can see, inflammation is quite common and caused by more than just pathogenic organisms.
Other causes of inflammation include:
- Chronic low-grade food allergies or food sensitivities that may cause few symptoms.
- An imbalance of bacteria and fungi in your gastrointestinal tract, also known as dysbiosis. This causes your immune system to overreact to bacteria in your gut and can be without notable symptoms.
- Stress! Constant psychological, emotional or physical stress raises the level of cortisol, creating inflammation. For more on the effects of stress on your body, read How Stress Creates A Double-Whammy Threat to Your Health.
- Environmental toxicity from our air, water, food pollutants and toxic metals like mercury and lead all contribute to inflammation and have been linked to diseases as varied as endometriosis and cancer.
- Diet and lifestyle: too much fat, sugar, and protein in your diet, constant dehydration, consumption of too many sodas or caffeine, inactivity, and lack of sleep can all increase inflammation in your body
The Lasting Effects of Inflammation
Symptoms of inflammation include:
- Visible signs of aging like wrinkles.
- Susceptibility to bacterial, fungal, and viral infections.
- Acid reflux
- Skin conditions like psoriasis and acne.
- Chronic pain
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease
- Urinary tract infections
How to Reduce Inflammation
To restore your body's balance, we recommend going "back to basics" with both diet and lifestyle.
- The Body Ecology program is perfect for eliminating viral and fungal infections, increasing your mineral intake, eliminating sugar and balancing all of your nutrients in a way that supports your health and vitality.
- Following the 7 principles of the Body Ecology Diet allows you to heal your body of inflammation, reduce the damaging effects of aging and giving you plenty of energy.
- Reduce stress - which is easier said than done. Read this week's article on The Healing Power of Touch
- Get plenty of sleep. For more information read Trouble Sleeping? Why Winter is the Ideal Time to Learn How to Sleep Right!
- Soak up the Sun - Vitamin D, available from sunlight, is an easy way to effectively stop inflammation.
Want to get a great dose of vitamin D this winter, basking in the sunshine of beautiful Jupiter, FL and receive THE Most In-Depth Dietary Health Knowledge on the Planet?