Inflammation: The Real Cause of All Disease and How to Reduce and Prevent It

Posted December 31, 2006. There have been 18 comments

The Body Ecology Diet book addresses the sources of inflammation - one of the silent causes of aging and disease. Get your copy to read how healing your digestion can reduce inflammation in your body and help you get well!

Did you know that inflammation is the common link between such debilitating conditions as Alzheimers, heart disease, cancer, and arthritis?

Did you know inflammation is thought to be the culprit behind the visible signs of aging?

Inflammation is a wellness buzz-word these days, and for good reason. If you reduce inflammation in your body, you'll not only look and feel younger, but you'll significantly lower your risk for chronic disease!

What is Inflammation?

Inflammation is your body's response to stress - whether from your diet, lifestyle or environment. Think of what happens when you catch a cold. You may experience inflammation in the form of a fever as your body heats up to eradicate the effects of the invading virus.

This kind of inflammation is good, but the modern epidemic of chronic, low-grade inflammation destroys the balance in your body. When your body's systems experience a constant inflammatory response, you become more susceptible to aging and disease.

What Causes Inflammation?

Body Ecology believes that one of the main causes of inflammation is low-grade bacterial, viral, and fungal infections in the bloodstream and organs like the stomach and gastro-intestinal tract.

For example, H pylori is a bacteria in the stomach that contributes to inflammation and the development of ulcers. H pylori is present in 50% of adults over 60 years old and in 20% of adults under the age of 40!

As you can see, inflammation is quite common and caused by more than just pathogenic organisms.

Other causes of inflammation include:

• Chronic low-grade food allergies or food sensitivities that may cause few symptoms.
  • An imbalance of bacteria and fungi in your gastrointestinal tract, also known as dysbiosis. This causes your immune system to overreact to bacteria in your gut and can be without notable symptoms.
  • Stress! Constant psychological, emotional or physical stress raises the level of cortisol, creating inflammation. For more on the effects of stress on your body, read How Stress Creates A Double-Whammy Threat to Your Health.
  • Environmental toxicity from our air, water, food pollutants and toxic metals like mercury and lead all contribute to inflammation and have been linked to diseases as varied as endometriosis and cancer.
  • Diet and lifestyle: too much fat, sugar, and protein in your diet, constant dehydration, consumption of too many sodas or caffeine, inactivity, and lack of sleep can all increase inflammation in your body

The Lasting Effects of Inflammation

Symptoms of inflammation include:

• Visible signs of aging like wrinkles.
  • Susceptibility to bacterial, fungal, and viral infections.
  • Acid reflux
  • Cancer
  • Skin conditions like psoriasis and acne.
  • Arthritis
  • Bronchitis
  • Chronic pain
  • Diabetes
  • High blood pressure
  • Osteoporosis
  • Heart disease
  • Candidiasis
  • Urinary tract infections

How to Reduce Inflammation

To restore your body's balance, we recommend going "back to basics" with both diet and lifestyle.

• The Body Ecology program is perfect for eliminating viral and fungal infections, increasing your mineral intake, eliminating sugar and balancing all of your nutrients in a way that supports your health and vitality.
  • Following the 7 principles of the Body Ecology Diet allows you to heal your body of inflammation, reduce the damaging effects of aging and giving you plenty of energy.
  • Reduce stress - which is easier said than done. Read this week's article on The Healing Power of Touch
  • Get plenty of sleep. For more information read Trouble Sleeping? Why Winter is the Ideal Time to Learn How to Sleep Right!
  • Soak up the Sun - Vitamin D, available from sunlight, is an easy way to effectively stop inflammation.

Want to get a great dose of vitamin D this winter, basking in the sunshine of beautiful Jupiter, FL and receive THE Most In-Depth Dietary Health Knowledge on the Planet?

For more comprehensive information on reducing inflammation with the Body Ecology approach, be sure to read the The Body Ecology Diet.

Post Categories: Anti-Aging Diabetes Leaky Gut

• Hi
    I am suffering from an inflammatory condition in my ankle called an ostoid ostoma. It swells my angle every day and night and becomes unbearable without painkillers which I take every day and to sleep.
    If any one know how to fix my inflamation here without naproxin I would be very grateful

• I have a unusual problem that I'm trying to find out if anyone else has experienced. I've noticed since I was younger that if I used body lotion, which I've always liked to do after my evening bath, that it would make me very achy. I have tried natural lotions, olive oil, cold pressed coconut oil and the only one that hasn't made me ache is cold pressed castor oil. And I'm not really fond of it since it's thick and doesn't go on the skin very well. This must cause some kind of inflammatory response because I especially feel it when I wake up in the morning. This is not my imagination because I've stopped and started different products over the years and it always does the same thing. Just wondering if anyone here has the same problem or has ever heard of this happening to anyone else.

• natural anti-inflammatories in foods: use....ginger root and cut in chunks and make tea....(add a little real honey,(also use honey from diufferent countries(different pollen..use bee pollen if not allergic), black tea(Tetley..altho some teas can have molds so watch if allergic to molds, get allergy testing for foods, dust, molds,use Indian and Mexican hot spices+chili peppers, hot peppers, onion, garlic, ginger, turmeric, cumin, celery powder,celery stalks, green tea(and you will lose 10 lbs a year wuithout trtying, lemon juice, limes,omega 3 oils(not omega 6 as it causes inflammation,,only 3 oil=flax seeds whole and falx seeds ground up. omega 3 capsules, capsican, ...LOTS OF FISH< FISH<FISH any kinds especially the oily ones with more omega 3(mackerel, real tuna , pacific salmon, herring, sadines),,,,,,veggies raw and steamed and anti-inflammatory berries (all kinds)....eat fruit alone and only with fruits....
    FOR RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS REMOVE BACTERIA FROM BODY.... and stop eating yeast, and yeast products,,no wheat gluten...so no bread, beer, wine, pastries(all have yeast which causes candidiasis (read The Yeast connection by Dr William Crooks(free at library and short and simple to read)...do a nutritional cleanse 3 times a year, especially spring and fall with a colonic,,,,replace good bacteria after a colonic immediately with acidophyllus/bifidus 1 billion after colonic and daily doses as directed on bottle and especially after antibiotics which are HORRIBLE and destroy the normal bacteria in the colon,,,,,,so try to NEVER use antibiotics which a lot are MOLD based(penicillin, ampicillin, tetracycline (is horrible for causing bowel trouble, sore throats etc)...instead be well, use echanasia staring aug 15 each year through out the winter , unless allergic to rag wee... then take oil of oregano(anyone) and blast a cold before it starts,,,,one can take goldenseal for only I week also but only 5-7 days as it causes the immune system to work harder....so stop after 5-7 days but continue spicey!!!oil of oregano drops under the tongue to stop flus and colds,,wash hands 8 times a day and avoid sneezing people. I got rid of arthritis 3 times by eating no breads/gluten and eating fish and as above,,,you must drinkl 8 glasses of water a day!!! a good source of water tho..add lemon, or lime, or liquid chlorophyll with mint(natures sunshine) or any brand at health food store(adds oxygen to youyr system and cleanses breath and body.....go for a 15 minute walk after eating to help keep blood sugar stable(helps prevent diabetes). if you have health problems, you are not eating right...so eat right...also look into "FOOD Combining" to get maximum energy out of your food and how to eat right..chew each mouthful 30 times,,never eat when upset(any emotion)..Walk, bike and swim are easiest on joints....say positive affirmations each day and pray and give thanks and be grateful for what you do have in life...sickness is an attitude(Christian si=cience books on healing and Louise Hay book:How to heal your life..Read....juice one day a week. Eat apples 2 per day. sleep 8 hours and go for a sleep syudy to determine your stage 4 REM sleep is ok or if you have apnea, Make friends, laugh , love and be happy. Enjoy your best companion pet friends.(they will never betray you). Read.

Posted on Dec 19 at 3:30 pm

• I was told to have my C-reactive protein levels checked. Came back at 2.6 which I was told meant that I was at high risk for coronary heart disease. Now my test came back 0.14. That is great news. I did it with Univera products and thank God for someone telling me about them. Please go to my website: klausandreasnyder.newunivera.com All products have a 90 day money back guarantee. Forgot to mention that these are natural products. I could share so much more, but just ask me if interested.

• My Mayo doctor takes a tablespoon of Flaxseed BRAN three times per day - on his food or in his food. He is a rheumatologist. I am going to try it. See your health food store about this.

• I found a product with natural anti- inflammatory herbs in it. I was amazed at how my joints and muscles started to feel, then I noticed my dry eye seemed to be better. This is Herbal Joint care from Swanson.com. It has White Willow, Tart Cherry, Cat's Claw and Boswellia in it and it's cheap. I never realized how many problems are caused by inflammation. And to Allen, my Chiropractor told me it was sciatica, after a year of treatments and only temporary relief, I turned to this stuff and it's really working for me. Hope this helps some one out there.

• There are definitely lots of pauractlirs like that to take into consideration. That could be a great point to convey up. I provide the thoughts above as normal inspiration but clearly there are questions like the one you deliver up where an important factor might be working in trustworthy good faith. I don?t know if best practices have emerged around things like that, but I'm positive that your job is clearly recognized as a good game. Each girls and boys really feel the influence of only a moment’s pleasure, for the remainder of their lives.

• I eat and drink (nutrabullet type mixer) as many fruits/veggies as I can a day. Flax, avocado, olive etc. are also consumed on a daily basis.
    I was dx with "connective tissue disorder" ...as the Rhumy put it, a little RA?, a little Sjogrens, a little lupus.....and for the icing on the cake bcell lymphoma! I won't get into the length of time for this delayed diagnosis/nightmare.
    Always ate well, love to cook, garden etc.
    Think our world is a very sick one...our food/water sources tainted. Products with substances that are cancer causing, the air, rain etc.
    But there is also a genetic predisposition that we have. We can't change that.
    Stress tops the cake, this diminishes our adrenals as well.
    That said. I needed relief from the pain. It began to return 2 months after Rituxan treatment...which I did out of fear of the cancer (early stage) and the pain from the supposed Rhumy issues. I highly recommend BEE Venom. It stimulates Cortisol levels, which helps us to combat inflammation. The more inflammation the less cortisol, it becomes depleted. I did live bees every other day for a year. Now only once or twice a week 2-3 bees. I can not say enough praise for this. The American Apitherapy site is a good start. There is also injectable venom that works well for those who are insect phobic
    The cancer is still in remission and labs are good..and the inflammation all but gone, sometimes minor flairs but I had incurred some serious injury during a very active life, Older but still active with yoga, gardening etc.
    Diet and exercise and a wholesome lifestyle is not always going to do the trick...it is also as stated above the world condition today and genetics.
    Bee Venom / Api therapy....worth checking into.

• In my personal research (over 2 and a half years) on cancer I have realised that cancer is caused by many add on or accumulation effects of today's life style and additives as well as toxins creating problems for the human immune system. Some of these are intentionally added to our products including cosmetics, medicines vaccinations, pharmaceutical goods, foods and drinks (such as fructose type artificial sugars in particular the dietetics types of sweeteners) cancer cells feed on sugar and they do not need oxygen.
    The research by Dr Otto Warberg (Nobel prize winners 1930) and Johhanes Fibriger along with a Japanese researcher discovered in 1930/34 that cancer can be caused by virus infection on rats and mice. Recently Australian researchers have discovered that a certain virus caused cancer and they stated that it was very suspicious? WHY use the term suspicious? We knew cancers can be caused by viruses and the polio vaccination was banned in the US by the supreme court after it was discovered to have a cancer causing virus in it. The Rockefeller foundation had a world population control plan and agenda since the 1930ies and they funded a lot of medical research in Universities, even funding Dr Otto Warberg's research. Basically cancer is caused by acidosis and as a fungal growth thrives in low oxygen acidic environments. Similar to mould?

Has Dr Warbergs research been used in cancer cure attempts? Not by the orthodox medical establishment as it seems there is too much too lose by finding and preventing cancer and the industry makes over a trillion dollars per year. Cancer has increased by a stated 500% in the past 100 years (according to come statistics) and in 2012 it was stated that a research group expected cancer to increase by a further 72% by 2020? Very specific figures no approximate.
    The increase of cancer in humans and animals is related with many factors but we can not ignore the human factor. Technology and medical science appear to be one such factor. We can recreate living creatures (Cloning) and have unravelled the human DNA but we can not find a cancer cure?
    Instead we are looking for hundreds if not thousands of cures as there are hundreds of different cancers and as all people are slightly different we need specific treatments for specific gene therapy in individuals cancers?
    Sounds like a lot of money will be made and not just in treatments but in research and medicines as well as equipment. This is exactly what is intended. Create the disease by various means and add to the natural problem then make your self out as a saviour by treating it and if the patient is selected they may survive or get the correct treatments.
    It becomes easier to cure that which we create as we know how we created it!
    Is there a link in between other health problems and the above mentioned practices and methods?
    I will let you answer that for your selves.
    While you are thinking keep reading.
    April 2013 I purchased a bottle of Hydrogen Peroxide from our local Pharmacy. Intended for oral and wound care I tried it and compared it to a well known mouth wash. The Blue bottle brand worked like a charm and although it could not be swallowed due to the ethanol concentration of 50% it washed out the mouth and wounds like hardened skin cleared with a few applications the little oxygen bubbles worked really well.
    The yellow pharmacy brand (Gold Cross) did not and after I tried it with 3 parts water 3% VW medical grade just fizzed out? NO BUBBLES? I mixed 1 part 58% alcohol Chinese rice wine thinking this will fix it. Still no bubbles? Warm water did not work? I call up the chemist and after a while get the company that makes the stuff telephone number. Interstate call and I ask a few questions like what stabiliser do you use? As H2O2 becomes H2O after 8 to 10 hours due to the unstable Oxygen molecule. If there is nothing used to stabilise the formula they are selling people water and charging $9.98 for H2O after it is bottled.
    The girl offered me a chance to send the product back (No Refund) and after checking the contents on her computer or literature she advised me that they do use a stabiliser and it is called Phenacetin.
    I get suspicious as I have read about this somewhere. After checking it out I find that my suspicion was well founded. PHENACETIN was used as an analgesic and has been banned for oral use and digestive medical use as it caused renal(Kidney) failure. But it was also discovered to be a wait for it, A GRADE 1 Carcinogen like asbestos. According to the TGA or the health controling and pharmacy goods authority it is a safe acceptable quantity of 0.8 to 1.0 per volume and when mixed with water it is even safer.
    I will give you one guess what some cancer patients are using Hydrogen Peroxide for?
    Food grade H2O2 3 drops in a glass of water one to three times a day is supposed to treat grade one cancer as it oxygenates the cell structure and has the O2 cleansing effect. According to some research it is very successful and this goes along with Dr Otto Warbergs research.
    However, placing a Cancer causing agent in this would more than likely nullify the health effects and benefits and may cause cancer. So ingesting this brand of Hydrogen Peroxide is not recommended.
    Would a major pharmacy know what H2O2 was used for? Could they be making Chemo drugs as well?
    How many SAFE ACCEPTABLE doses of Toxic materials are we secretly exposed to on a daily basis?

Was the label on the Gold Cross H2O2 Bottle clearly marked with a warning sign or that Phenacetin was used as an stabilising chemical?

NO it was NOT on the bottle!

• Eating lots of raw fruits and vegetables will put out that fire in your body. The American Cancer Society recommends 9-13 servings....but who can really do that ? I rep a company who figured out how to put fruits and veggies in a CAPSULE ! The science behind this is gold standard...after all...life began in a garden . Read this research at my website www.kethajuiceplus.com.

• Jo Koch, Barbara, and Vicky I can help you. I have 3 all natural produc ts that can help with arthritis, inflammation, diabetes and more. Please go to my website and feel free to contact me with any questions. All products come with a 100% money back guarantee! My website is www.tylerbeck.kyani.com. And my email address is tylerbeck2012@gmail.com.

• Cronic inflamation in the throat area...glands, vocal cords is a constant problem for several years now. Would love to get this under control. Does anyone have a suggestion. I also have osteoarthritis in the fingers and back pain especially lower back. I need help.

• This information is very helpful. I have rheumatoid arthritis and am trying to find some
    alternatives to the potent medications they try to prescribe. I am noticing benefits when I eliminate gluten. Please send any additional information of helpful alternatives.

Posted on Dec 31 at 12:01 pm

• i recently had inflamation from my neck,armpit,below the groin area and on m lower legs.....what is the cause?

Posted on Nov 27 at 2:45 pm

• I went to my doctor for joint pain. I'm thinking rhematoid arthritis, I'm only 37. All my tests have not come back, but the nurse called me and said my inflammation marker is abnormal. She said normal is 0-20 and mine came back 25. Now what????

• Vicky, try to eat foods that are anti-inflammatory such as raw garlic and ground flaxseeds!! This website tells you which other foods are either inflammatory or anti-inflammatory: http://nutritiondata.self.com/ All you gotta do is "enter food name" on the top right corner and you'll get all the data you need.

Also I would recommend you to avoid gluten containing foods such as anything with WHEAT!!
    Watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLJSmJ0bMlk

My aunt has rheumatoid arthritis, she's regained so much health after only 3 weeks of not eating gluten.

Hope this helps

• high quality cayenne pepper with a grade of 90,000-150,000 (HU) heat units should help. there is a lot of info on how to use the pepper for this and many other ailments. Just Google cayenne as medicine.

• I have rhematoid arthritus and I need some info on helpful things to reduce inflammation.

Comments