Periodically cleansing your internal environment, especially for parasites, keeps your body functioning at optimal levels. The lack of an inner ecosystem -- the lack of good bacteria inside of the gut -- has a lot to do with why you may see many more people infected with parasites today.
Many people report feeling lighter and having more energy during the detox period.
Cleansing with the refreshing Body Ecology Lemonade, made with the zero-calorie natural sugar substitute Stevia, provides a wonderful detoxifying effect on the liver. Lemons are alkalizing to the body and stimulate digestive enzymes to flush out damaging free radicals.
In 2017, University of Florida researchers discovered the rat lungworm, a potentially lethal parasite known to cause meningitis in animals and people, in five different counties in Florida.1 Researchers believe the parasite, responsible for deadly infection in more rare cases when it reaches the human brain, is more prevalent in the southeastern U.S. than their study was able to detect. Parasites in the body can create a cascade of health problems, often attributed to other medical and psychological issues. A 2014 study from the University of Pennsylvania suggested that up to one-fifth of schizophrenia cases might stem from parasites; 2016 research from the University of Chicago Medical Center confirmed that people with rage disorder are more than twice as likely to have a common parasite infection.2,3
Some amount of parasites living in the body is considered normal, but most of us have far too many. These parasites can have an impact on our health, our mood, and our behavior. Because parasites are so common and naturally a part of a healthy environmental ecosystem, it is a good idea to go through a parasite cleanse at least twice a year.
The Body Ecology Cleanse Protocol:
- Phase 1: Preparation, 1-2 weeks.
- Phase 2: Initial cleanse, 3 days.
- Phase 3: Deep cleanse, 3 days.
- Phase 4: Reintroduction, 1-2 weeks.
Phase 1: Preparing Your Body
To receive the most health and detoxification benefits, ease into the cleanse with 1-2 weeks of starting The Body Ecology Diet, which includes unprocessed foods that are nutrient-rich, will not exacerbate an inflammatory condition, and are not commonly allergenic.
Phase 1 Foods:
Foods to Avoid Throughout the Cleanse:
- Any food to which you have a known allergy.
- Alcohol and caffeine: This includes coffee and black tea.
- All gluten-containing foods.
- All sugars and high-glycemic fruits.
- Dairy: Milk, cheeses, yogurt.
- Lectins: Nuts, beans, potatoes, eggplant, and peppers.
- Peanuts or peanut butter: Including peanut oil.
- Processed foods and canned foods.
- Soy or soy products: Soy milk, tofu, and soy oil.
- Spices and dressing: Although spices make food more interesting, the bland taste actually leaches out toxicity from a Chinese medicine perspective. Clinically, bland is the least irritating to the digestive system.
- Tomatoes, tomato sauces, and corn.
- Also, many popular skin care products have hidden estrogens in them, which will dampen results, so be sure to read labels carefully.
Good health, made easy. Get started with Body Ecology 101.
Begin The Body Ecology Cleanse Kit Regimen:
- Vitality SuperGreen: With 200:1 Aloe Extract, fiber, beneficial microflora, and easily digestible and bio-available nutrients, this blend is fantastic as a cornerstone of the cleanse. Glutamine, in a peptide-bonded form called Glutimmune, is one of the principle elements and is the preferred fuel source for the small intestine. It has been shown to support the regeneration and repair of the intestinal lining. Research has also found that glutamine increases the number of cells in the small intestine, the number of villi on those cells, and the height of the villi.4 Therefore, it can help to heal permeability and reduce inflammation of the intestinal lining that has been linked with food sensitivity. Supplementing Vitality SuperGreen while restricting the diet or during a gentle cleanse is especially effective. This is because any foods that may cause irritation have been removed. All focus goes to healing the gastrointestinal tract and supporting the body's ability to regenerate itself, while removing toxins that may slow the process down.
- LivAmend: This formula is especially supportive to the liver and gallbladder, increasing detoxification and releasing some of the burden placed on these organs during a cleanse.5
- Assist SI Enzymes: Taking enzymes will help with the detoxification process by breaking apart cellular debris and cleansing the blood.6
- Ancient Earth Minerals: Minerals are essential when going through a period of cleansing. They can literally carry toxins out of the system and neutralize toxicities that have built up over time. A full spectrum of minerals is essential for complete balance. Some minerals, like chromium, help balance blood sugar during the fast.7
- CocoBiotic: A great source of potassium and naturally hydrating, this probiotic beverage is known for its kidney-cleansing properties. Friendly microflora will help to pull toxins out of the body and rebuild the inner ecosystem.8
- Stevia: This zero-calorie natural sugar substitute is known for its role in helping with fatigue, balancing blood sugar and blood pressure, regulating digestion, and assisting in weight loss.9 Use in greens drinks and Body Ecology Lemonade.
Phase 2: Initial Cleanse
The beginning of the cleanse will reduce the burden on your digestive tract and gradually help the detoxification process. This phase is best for at least three days.
Phase 2 Foods:
- Fermented foods.
- Land and sea veggies.
- Herbal teas:
- Pau d' arco: This herbal tea is not stimulating and offers an excellent way to reduce inflammation. To boot, it is antifungal and antimicrobial.10
- Tulsi: Also called holy basil, tulsi helps to regulate blood sugar. When mixed with peppermint, it can ease the detoxification process.11
- Ujido Matcha Green Tea Concentrate: Green tea activates hormone-sensitive lipase, which in turn helps burn body fat.12
Phase 3: Deep Cleanse
This is the three-day "fast" portion of the cleanse. It will give you the highest level of cellular detoxification and allow your system to balance.
Phase 3 Foods:
- Body Ecology Lemonade (recipe below):
- Sip every 10-15 minutes throughout the day. This is essential to maintain blood sugar levels.
- Enjoy herbal teas.
INCREASE THE NUMBER OF VITALITY SUPERGREEN DRINKS TO 3-5 DRINKS/DAY.
Body Ecology Lemonade Recipe: A Healthy Way to Detox
In Chinese medicine, the taste of the liver is sour. Lemons are alkalizing, and due to their sour nature, they have a wonderful detoxifying effect on the liver.13 Lemons stimulate the production of digestive enzymes and are also full of vitamin C and antioxidants, which help to flush free radicals from the body.
Although similar to the Master Cleanse, Body Ecology Lemonade does not have any cayenne pepper because it can actually irritate the digestive tract.
In the morning, make 1-2 gallons. You will need:
Proportion of water to lemons is based on preference. When adding the juice of the lemon to water, be sure to include the pulp. Choose organic lemons. Add just enough Stevia to balance the tartness of the lemons.
*Rinse mouth after drinking the lemonade to protect the teeth.
Looking for helpful tips to naturally satisfy your sweet tooth? Read more on our Instagram feed.
Phase 4: Reintroduction
Now, it's time to gradually incorporate foods back into your system. For three days, you will be on Phase 2 foods before moving back into Phase 1 foods. You can choose to stay on Body Ecology Diet Stage 1 for as long as necessary.
Phase 4 Foods:
First 3 Days After Cleanse:
REDUCE THE NUMBER OF VITALITY SUPERGREEN DRINKS TO 1 DRINK/DAY. With your enhanced immune system, your body will continue to detoxify at its own pace.
3 Bonus Tips for a Gentler Cleanse
Cleansing works with your body's natural processes and puts it on the fast track to healing. Not only is cleansing an ancient practice detailed in religious texts, but it's a habit that gets easier with time.
Listen to your body as you cleanse and use these helpful tips to ease the transition:
1. Move, stretch, and breathe: Movement can supplement the liver, unwind stagnant qi, and, because the skin is one major pathway of elimination, also help release toxins.
You may notice that cleansing often takes place in the springtime, though it's a practice we can maintain year-round. In Chinese medicine, the element of spring is wood. Just like wood, we need the opportunity to grow and follow a natural progression of movement through emotions and experiences. If we deprive ourselves of this, we may become angry, depressed, or stressed. These emotions can affect the liver. A cleanse is the perfect time to begin learning meditation or practicing deep breathing.
Detox ice cream, gluten-free zucchini bread, and sugar-free pumpkin pie: Body Ecology recipes are nutritious and healing.
2. Use colonics: Whether administered by a professional or self-administered, this natural tool offers the best way to open the elimination channels and release toxins.
A home enema is an easy option that can be used at home to flush the detoxification pathways, addressing symptoms like allergies, anxiety and depression, headaches, fatigue, and indigestion.
3. Balance blood sugar: When deciding to do any kind of cleanse, it is important to pay attention to blood sugar levels. Rollercoaster blood sugar levels can stress the adrenals. If you are hypoglycemic, you will want to simplify your diet, although not cut out food completely as this can cause more harm than good.
If you get sleepy after eating, chances are that you have some degree of insulin resistance. A short three-day fast is one step that can help with insulin resistance.14 Doing several installments of a detoxifying diet, sometimes several weeks long, is the best way to approach healing insulin resistance; it's critical to remember that removing sugary, high-carbohydrate foods is more of a lifestyle change than a diet.
Many people report feeling lighter and having more energy during the detox period. Modern diet and food that is overly processed and inundated with sweeteners, as well as sporadic, on-the-go eating habits that are typically in large portions, are factors that are responsible for insulin-resistant cells.
A gentle fast can rebalance how your body handles sugar. When doing such a fast, it is absolutely necessary to keep blood sugar stable by sipping on Body Ecology Lemonade.
And please, always check with your health practitioner to determine if a cleanse is right for you.
What To Remember Most About This Article:
A periodic parasite cleanse is perfect to cleanse and detoxify the liver, purging impurities from the body.
The Body Ecology Cleanse works in four different phases:
- Phase 1: Preparation, 1-2 weeks.
- Phase 2: Initial cleanse, 3 days.
- Phase 3: Deep cleanse, 3 days.
- Phase 4: Reintroduction, 1-2 weeks.
Fermented foods are always welcome on all stages of The Body Ecology Parasite Cleanse, supporting natural detoxification and strengthening the inner ecosystem. Using the Body Ecology Cleanse Kit can deepen your cleanse, reaping maximum benefits, with helpers like Vitality SuperGreen, used to help heal leaky gut and calm intestinal inflammation; liver-supporting LivAmend that can release the toxic load during detoxification; Assist SI Enzymes, digestive enzymes that help to break down cellular debris and promote blood cleansing; Ancient Earth Minerals, needed to escort toxins out of the body; CocoBiotic, a hydrating probiotic drink that specifically helps to cleanse the kidneys; and zero-calorie, zero-glycemic Stevia, the natural sugar substitute found in the Body Ecology Detox Lemonade, used to regulate blood pressure and blood sugar.
This safe cleanse provides you with the opportunity to detoxify, naturally lose weight, and improve your energy levels. The more regularly you cleanse, the easier it becomes to listen to your body's internal cues and address many health problems in the early stages.
- Heather D. Stockdale Walden, John D. Slapcinsky, Shannon Roff, Jorge Mendieta Calle, Zakia Diaz Goodwin, Jere Stern, Rachel Corlett, Julia Conway, Antoinette McIntosh. Geographic distribution of Angiostrongylus cantonensis in wild rats (Rattus rattus) and terrestrial snails in Florida, USA. PLOS ONE, 2017; 12 (5): e0177910 DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0177910.
- Gary Smith. Estimating the population attributable fraction for schizophrenia when Toxoplasma gondii is assumed absent in human populations. Preventive Veterinary Medicine, 2014; DOI: 10.1016/j.prevetmed.2014.10.009.
- Emil F. Coccaro, Royce Lee, Maureen W. Groer, Adem Can, Mary Coussons-Read, Teodor T. Postolache. Toxoplasma gondii Infection. The Journal of Clinical Psychiatry, 2016; 334 DOI: 10.4088/JCP.14m09621.
- Beaufrère AM, Neveux N, Patureau Mirand P, Buffière C, Marceau G, Sapin V,
Cynober L, Meydinal-Denis D. Long-term intermittent glutamine supplementation
repairs intestinal damage (structure and functional mass) with advanced age:
assessment with plasma citrulline in a rodent model. J Nutr Health Aging. 2014
Nov;18(9):814-9. doi: 10.1007/s12603-014-0468-6.
- Gazák R, Walterová D, Kren V. Silybin and silymarin--new and emerging applications in medicine. Curr Med Chem. 2007;14(3):315-38. Review.
- Ianiro G, Pecere S, Giorgio V, Gasbarrini A, Cammarota G. Digestive Enzyme Supplementation in Gastrointestinal Diseases. Current Drug Metabolism. 2016;17(2):187-193. doi:10.2174/138920021702160114150137.
- Rabinovitz H, Friedensohn A, Leibovitz A, Gabay G, Rocas C, Habot B. Effect of chromium supplementation on blood glucose and lipid levels in type 2 diabetes mellitus elderly patients. Int J Vitam Nutr Res. 2004 May;74(3):178-82.
- Qixiao Zhai, Fengwei Tian, Jianxin Zhao, Hao Zhang, Arjan Narbad and Wei Chen. Oral administration of probiotics inhibits heavy metal cadmium absorption by protecting intestinal barrier. Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 2016 DOI: 10.1128/AEM.00695-16.
- Koenraad Philippaert, Andy Pironet, Margot Mesuere, William Sones, Laura Vermeiren, Sara Kerselaers, Sílvia Pinto, Andrei Segal, Nancy Antoine, Conny Gysemans, Jos Laureys, Katleen Lemaire, Patrick Gilon, Eva Cuypers, Jan Tytgat, Chantal Mathieu, Frans Schuit, Patrik Rorsman, Karel Talavera, Thomas Voets, Rudi Vennekens. Steviol glycosides enhance pancreatic beta-cell function and taste sensation by potentiation of TRPM5 channel activity. Nature Communications, 2017; 8: 14733 DOI: 10.1038/NCOMMS14733.
- Hashimoto, G. (1996). Illustrated Cyclopedia of Brazilian Medicinal Plants. Aboc-sha.
- Jamshidi N, Cohen MM. The Clinical Efficacy and Safety of Tulsi in Humans: A Systematic Review of the Literature. Evidence-based Complementary and Alternative Medicine: eCAM. 2017;2017:9217567. doi:10.1155/2017/9217567.
- Nagao, Tomonori, et al. "Ingestion of a tea rich in catechins leads to a reduction in body fat and malondialdehyde-modified LDL in men." The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition 1 (2005): 122-129.
- Shing Ni, Dr. Mao. "Lemon." The Natural Health Dictionary ®.
- James E. Brown, Michael Mosley and Sarah Aldred. Intermittent fasting: a dietary intervention for prevention of diabetes and cardiovascular disease? British Journal of Diabetes and Vascular Disease, April 2013.
Want more articles like this?
Sign up to receive weekly articles. You'll also receive a 15% off coupon, weekly articles, and tips from Donna and her team.