We all recognize the need to keep ourselves clean and fresh on the outside in order to feel good. True health and well-being, however, can only be achieved when we pay attention to cleansing from theinside out, which is what The Principle of Cleansing is all about!
Our popular “Spotlight on Body Ecology” article series has been taking you through the Principles of Body Ecology to help you become more intimately acquainted with a way of life that will boost your energy, help you lose weight, and improve your health naturally, from the inside out.
This article is going to introduce you to what may be the most important, yet all too often misunderstood, principle of The Body Ecology Diet: The Principle of Cleansing.
The Principle of Cleansing is all about the wondrous ways in which our bodies have been designed to naturally seek balance and restore imbalances where necessary.
Cleansing is a continual, step-by-step process. Your body works hard every single moment that you are breathing to keep impurities and toxins from harming you.
Take a moment to let that sink in and really think about what it means…
For example, compare the world our ancestors of a mere 100 years ago lived in to the world we live in today.
Our bodies have had to make some pretty extreme adjustments to their workload, wouldn’t you say?
While progress is a good thing and has bestowed upon us many conveniences and benefits, it’s also led to industrialization and urban living, which have introduced our bodies to toxins that our ancestors never had to contend with.
Today, our world is full of toxins everywhere we look, from:
- Air and water pollution
- Drugs - Including over-the-counter drugs
- Chemicals in our food and water supply
- Household and personal care products
- Toxins in the buildings we live and work in
- Emotional toxins created by stress and negative thoughts
In addition to all of this, the Western diet has also been “industrialized”, and most people are consuming far too many processed, preservative-laden, and fast foods instead of the wholesome diet our ancestors ate.
It’s no surprise that our bodies are simply overworked and overwhelmed.
As a result of toxic overload, many people are going through life lacking energy, joy, and vitality and eventually succumbing to rising illness and disease.
The good news is that there are ways you can start taking an active role in helping your body cleanse, or what many refer to as “detox”.
Cleansing With Body Ecology
We say it all the time, but we’ll say it again: The Body Ecology Diet is not just a “diet” to help you lose weight.
Body Ecology is a natural and holistic system of healing from the inside out that will help you:
- Heal and cleanse your body of built-up toxins that have accumulated through years of improper eating habits and exposure to environmental toxins.
- Reduce the toxins you are exposed to once you learn how to eat differently.
- Put your body and your health on track so that your body is gently cleansing on a regular basis like it was meant to do.
Your greatest ally in helping your body efficiently eliminate toxins and function the way it was designed to is to start eating natural, wholesome foods.
Our Spotlight on Body Ecology series is designed to provide you with a comprehensive, step-by-step roadmap on your journey towards health and increased longevity.
While we still have several Body Ecology Principles left to cover, thus far we have given you some solid groundwork to help you understand how to make more wholesome choices when it comes to what you’re putting on your plate.
Body Ecology is unique in its emphasis on some key foods and drinks that are essential for good health, and you should incorporate these in your diet on a regular basis to help you cleanse.
Your major organs of cleansing are your liver and colon, and in today’s world, they could use all the help they can get! Support their efforts of trying to keep you healthy by using LivAmend, which is made with a natural blend of three plants known for their ancient blood purifying effects.
- Fermented foods and drinks like cultured vegetables and Young Coconut Kefir support the most important cleansing organs in your body: your colon and your liver. They’re packed with probiotics (friendly bacteria and yeast), which help keep you healthy and strong and keep pathogenic microorganisms like candida from thriving. In fact, fermented foods and drinks are a pillar of The Body Ecology way of living.
- Green drinks like Body Ecology’s Vitality Supergreen are whole food supplements created to build your digestive health, boost your immunity, and give you energy.
- Sea Vegetables are highly recommended, not only because of their amazing mineral content but because they help control the growth of pathogenic bacteria, viruses, and yeast like candida. They also help to remove heavy metals, carcinogens, and environmental pollutants from your body.
- Grain-like seeds recommended on The Body Ecology Diet support your digestive health by encouraging proper and regular elimination, and they taste great!
Your body is eliminating waste and trying to detox everyday through urine, sweat, tears, exhalation, and mucus, but we consider these events natural and barely take notice of them.
Still, there may be times when your body goes into high gear in its cleansing process. Here are some examples of such times:
- You are giving up the Standard American Diet (S.A.D.), eliminating processed foods, and just starting out on The Body Ecology Diet.
- You have been stressed or have gone through emotional upheaval.
- You are or have been ill and taking medications.
- Your regular environment has changed (climate, exposure levels to pollution, etc.).
- You are giving up a habit forming substance, like drugs, sugar (even a small habit can have effects), caffeine, or tobacco.
It’s important for you to know that these types of cleansings may not be pleasant, and we’ll get to that in our next article.
For now, know that in addition to incorporating the superfoods we named above, you can assist your body’s cleansing efforts in these ways:
- Cleanse your colon via home enemas or colon hydrotherapy in order to get rid of built-up toxins.
- Assist your liver, which is your largest internal organ with the main job of cleansing toxins from your blood. LivAmend supports your liver and bowels in their efforts and is a great way to boost the detox process. You can also try Assist SI, which is an excellent digestive enzyme that will make sure that you digest properly and get all the nutrients that your body needs from your food.
- Drink plenty of water! Clean water is a must for flushing toxins out of your body.
- Get plenty of rest. Cleansing takes a lot of work and energy, so it’s normal to feel more tired than usual. Don’t fight sleep!
- Choose warming foods like broths and soups that are easy on your digestive system and leave more energy for cleansing.
- Eat more alkaline foods, and avoid acidic foods since your body is naturally more acidic during a cleanse. We will be covering the Principle of Acid/Alkaline in future Spotlight articles, but for now, be sure to read: How This All-Too-Common Habit is Making Your Blood Dangerously Acidic
- Drink at least one glass of water with a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in it. Add some stevia to sweeten if you don’t like the taste.
- Make sure you are not overeating! Follow the 80/20 rule as overeating slows digestion, saps energy, and suppresses immunity.
- Emphasize leafy greens like turnip greens, kale, collards, and beet greens that are rich in chlorophyll because chlorophyll is a natural cleanser.
- Avoid stress and negative emotions. Yes, emotions can be toxic to your body too. Read: Want to Cleanse Yourself Emotionally? Start With This Crucial Step.
- Be patient and ride it out. Cleansing takes time and energy. Shortstopping the process will only drive toxins deeper into your body and make you ill!
Cleansing Is Wonderful, Except...
Cleansing is the way your body works to restore balance when imbalances threaten your well-being and your life.
It’s just one of the many miracles of our creation that our bodies will work hard to take care of us – sometimes in spite of ourselves.
Like we mentioned above, however, depending on the level of toxins your body needs to rid itself of, sometimes cleansing brings with it some unpleasant symptoms. Symptoms that many people mistake for worsening health when nothing could be further from the truth!
This was just an introduction to The Principle of Cleansing. In our next articles, we will get into more detail. You will learn:
- How to recognize when you need to put extra care into helping your body cleanse and detox.
- What cleansing might look like when you start taking better care of yourself.
- Why it’s crucial to recognize the negative symptoms of cleansing as necessary bumps on the road to better health.
- Why all disease begins in the colon and how Body Ecology can help you.
So please stay tuned for important information that could change your life!
WHAT TO REMEMBER MOST ABOUT THIS ARTICLE
Cleansing is an absolutely essential part of living, and your body is continually working to protect you from toxins that could harm your health. Eating an unhealthy diet along with all the other toxins that you are exposed to in our modern world puts excess burden on your body’s cleansing efforts, which creates illness and disease. Thankfully, there are many things you can do to help your body cleanse, beginning with changing the way you eat and adopting the Body Ecology lifestyle!
Want more articles like this?
Sign up to receive weekly articles. You'll also receive a 15% off coupon, weekly articles, and tips from Donna and her team.