- 2 bunches spinach, stems trimmed
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or ghee
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cups homemade vegetable stock
- ½ cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 can of organic low-fat coconut milk, divided
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
- Rinse spinach leaves, and shake off excess water.
- Melt coconut oil or ghee in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and stir for 1 minute.
- Add vegetable stock and cauliflower. Cover, bring to a boil, and cook for 8 minutes, or until cauliflower is tender. Add spinach and cook until just wilted.
- Blend soup using a food processor, countertop blender, or immersion blender until smooth. Return to pan.
- Add 1 cup of coconut milk, nutmeg, sea salt and cayenne pepper. Bring to a gentle simmer.
- Ladle into cups and drizzle with remaining coconut milk. Season with a pinch of cayenne pepper.
Warming and delicious in cool weather, this spicy vegetable soup will leave you feeling souper!