This is one of our most popular soups and is great to serve to even your most difficult-to-please guests. It combines with animal protein and grain entrees. Make enough to have for several meals — it disappears quickly in our families.
Don’t forget dessert: Finish up this comforting meal with your favorite treat made with Body Ecology’s plant-based, diabetic-safe BE Sweet.
Cauliflower and carrot soup ingredients:
- 1 tbsp. organic, unrefined coconut oil, ghee, or butter
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- Approximately 4 cups carrots, chopped
- 1 lg. onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp. fresh tarragon, chopped, or 1 tbsp. dried (or to taste)
- Water to cover
- Celtric sea salt or Herbamare (just enough to bring out a delicious taste)
Cauliflower and carrot soup instructions:
- In a soup pot, melt oil, and then add tarragon if using it dried.
- Add onion, sautéing until translucent.
- Add carrots, cauliflower, and water (also add tarragon if using fresh).
- Simmer until tender (approximately 25 minutes).
- In blender, purée.
- Return to soup pot, adding Celtic sea salt or Herbamare.
- Simmer for 10 minutes and serve.
If you’re looking for a simple side to serve with this soup:
Sauté some turnip greens in a little coconut oil, and sprinkle with Celtic sea salt and shaved, pre-soaked almonds.
Wondering why? Turnip greens are an amazing source of vitamin A (through their concentration of carotenoids, like beta-carotene), vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin K, folic acid, copper, calcium, and dietary fiber. These nutrients are of special importance when helping to reduce and manage osteoporosis, diabetes, and anemia. Carrots are also rich in vitamins A, K1, and B6, while cauliflower contains vitamins B6, C, K, and folate.