If you haven’t had veggie stew lately, now’s the time to try it. With the addition of basil, you can reinvent basic stew and turn it into a healthy and hearty dish your family will be craving.
Take one of these handy little packs with every meal: “The Digestive Care Multi rocks!! Within four days, I could really tell it was working.” – Kathy
What’s the big deal about basil? It contains antioxidants and may also function as a natural anti-inflammatory. Not only that, it’s said to have antimicrobial properties too — as well as being rich in essential vitamins and minerals, like potassium, magnesium, vitamins A and K, and more.
Adding it to your favorite meal can brighten up the dish with fragrant Italian flavors, as you’ll find in this veggie stew recipe.
- 1-2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 3 tbsp. dried basil (or to taste)
- 1 lg. onion, chopped
- 3 lg. carrots, diced into chunky pieces
- 3 potatoes, cut about the same size as the carrots
- 1 cup water with Celtic sea salt
- 1 sm. head cauliflower, chopped into florets
1. In a deep skillet, sauté coconut oil, onion, and basil until translucent.
2. Add carrots and potatoes, continuing to sauté on very low heat for 5 minutes.
3. Add 1 cup of water and sea salt. Stir well. Cover and cook on low heat for 20 minutes, until vegetables are almost tender.
4. For the last 7 to 10 minutes, drop in cauliflower on top of the other vegetables. Cover again. Cook until cauliflower is tender.
5. Taste and add more sea salt or Herbamare if necessary.