If you haven’t had veggie stew lately, now’s the time to try it. With the addition of basil, you can reinvent basic stew and turn it into a healthy and hearty dish your family will be craving.
Take one of these handy little packs with every meal: “I have tried many digestive enzymes and was about to resort to a prescription drug for my heartburn and indigestion. Then I gave up gluten. It helped about 50 percent.
Then I started taking a packet of the Digestive Multi with my evening meal… 100 percent better and no drugs!!” – Cynthia H.
What’s the big deal about basil? It contains antioxidants and may also function as a natural anti-inflammatory. Not only that, it’s said to have antimicrobial properties too — as well as being rich in essential vitamins and minerals, like potassium, magnesium, vitamins A and K, and more.
Adding it to your favorite meal can brighten up the dish with fragrant Italian flavors, as you’ll find in this veggie stew recipe.
- 1-2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 3-4 sprigs fresh basil, chopped
- 1 lg. onion, chopped
- 3 lg. carrots (or zucchini), diced into chunky pieces
- 3 potatoes, cut about the same size as the carrots
- 1 cup water with Celtic sea salt
- 1 sm. head cauliflower, chopped into florets
1. In a deep skillet, sauté coconut oil, onion, and basil until translucent.
2. Add carrots and potatoes, continuing to sauté on very low heat for five minutes.
3. Add 1 cup of water and sea salt. Stir well. Cover and cook on low heat for 20 minutes, until vegetables are almost tender.
4. For the last seven to 10 minutes, drop in cauliflower on top of the other vegetables. Cover again. Cook until cauliflower is tender.
5. Taste and add more sea salt or Herbamare if necessary.