Basil Veggie Stew Recipe
- 1-2 tbs. coconut oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 squirts Melissa’s Basil Concentrated Extract (you can substitute 3 tbs. dried basil, or to taste)
- 3 large carrots, diced into chunky pieces
- 3 potatoes cut about the same size as the carrots
- 1 cup water with sea salt
- 1 small head cauliflower, chopped into small florets
- Donna loves Melissa’s extracts. Not only do they add a delicious flavor, but have medicinal properties as well. In the beginning of October, they should be available at stores such as Wild Oats and even WalMart. If needed, you can substitute 3 tablespoons of dried basil (or to taste).
- In a deep skillet, saut coconut oil, onion, and basil until it is translucent.
- Add carrots and potatoes, continuing to saute on very low heat for five minutes.
- Add 1 cup of water and sea salt. Stir well. Cover and cook on low heat for 20 minutes, until vegetables are almost tender.
- For the last 7 – 10 minutes, drop in cauliflower on top of the other vegetables. Cover again. Cook until cauliflower is tender.
- Taste and add more sea salt or Herbamare if necessary.