The Tea Tree Skin "Miracle" - The 7 Benefits of Tea Tree Oil

Posted April 30, 2007. There have been 50 comments

Tea tree oil has become a popular natural ingredient in all kinds of shampoos, face soaps and ointments because of its amazing healing powers.

This skin miracle comes from Australia, where over 300 species of tea trees naturally grow.

Aboriginal tribes in Australia have known of the tea tree's healing qualities for thousands of years.

Australian aboriginals have known the secret to healthy glowing skin for centuries. They used tea tree oil to soothe skin and to heal cuts, and now you can use tea tree oil too!

They boiled the leaves of the tea tree to make tea and antiseptic poultices that treated cuts, wounds, and skin infections.

One legend even describes a magical lagoon where native people bathed to heal their burns, cuts, and skin disorders. Tea trees surrounded the pool, and the fallen leaves created a natural healing bath.

But you don't have to travel all the way to Australia to get the benefits of the tea tree.

It's widely available now as an essential oil, and it treats a variety of conditions!

Tea Tree: Skin Treatment

Tea tree has so many anti-viral and anti-fungal benefits that the Australian army puts it in soldiers' first aid kits. Now, you can use tea tree oil in a variety of ways, especially to heal your skin.

Tea tree oil can benefit the following skin conditions:1

• Ring worm and athlete's foot
  • Softens corns
  • Cuts and scrapes
  • Itching of insect bites and chicken pox
  • Warts
  • Acne
  • Dandruff

In fact, tea tree oil may be a better alternative to conventional skin treatments.

Tea tree oil is an excellent treatment for acne. One study found tea tree oil to be just as effective as benzoyl peroxide, but without the negative side effects like redness and peeling.2 Tea tree oil can also treat minor wounds, encourage healing, and prevent infection, so you may want to add this versatile oil to your own first aid kit!

Besides improving your skin, tea tree oil has all kinds of other health properties, including:4

• May help reduce fevers and end headaches
  • Pain reliever
  • Treats lice
  • Can help lower blood pressure
  • Helpful for infections including vaginitis, sinusitis, cystitis
  • Anti-viral and anti-candida

Tea tree oil from TRUessence is 100% pure and should be a part of your natural skin care regimen. Use this versatile oil to help with acne, skin problems and fungal infections... and keep a bottle in your first aid kit too!

Tea tree essential oil is a potent healer, especially 100% pure tea tree oil like that from TRUessence Essential Oils. Keep in mind that many essential oils on the market (even those sold in health food stores) have potentially toxic extenders. (Labeling laws allow manufacturers to use up to 50% chemical extenders and still say they are 100% pure.)

Dana Young, founder of TRUessence Essential Oils, suggests that you can use tea tree oil in the following ways:

• Directly on your skin in the area affected. For cuts and sores, add 1-2 drops to targeted areas.
  • Mixed with a carrier oil. Mix 3 - 5 drops with a carrier oil and apply to skin after a bath or shower.You can make your own Body Ecology friendly carrier oil by using a lightly scented oil like almond oil that is unrefined and organic.
  • A household cleaner. Add to water and vinegar for a non-toxic household cleaner.
  • Treatment for lice and dandruff. Rinse your hair with warm water and 2 drops of tea tree oil to control lice and dandruff.
  • Healing bath. Add 6 drops to your bath water for a soothing soak.
  • Diffused. Using an essential oil diffuser, tea tree oil may be diffused into the air, creating a medicinal antiseptic.

Tea tree essential oil is an amazing tonic for your skin and can support your health in so many other ways, so if you experience skin conditions and also for cuts, etc., Body Ecology recommends always keeping some on hand.

Sources:

1. TRUessence Tea Tree Essential Oil
  2. Bassett, et al, "A comparative study of tea-tree oil versus benzoyl peroxide in the treatment of acne," Med J Aust. 1990 Oct 15;153(8):455-8. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=PubMed&cmd=Retrieve&list_uids=2145499
  3. Halcon, L, Milkus, K, "Staphylococcus aureus and wounds: a review of tea tree oil as a promising antimicrobial," Am J Infect Control. 2004 Nov;32(7):402-8. School of Nursing, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis.
  4. TRUessence Tea Tree Essential Oil
  5. "Inhibition of acetylcholinesterase by Tea Tree oil," J Pharm Pharmacol. 2004 Mar; 56(3):375-9.
  6. "Terpinen-4-ol, the main component of Melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree oil ) inhibits the in vitro growth of human melanoma cells," J Invest Dermatol. 2004 Feb;122(2):349-60.
  7. "Antifungal effects of Melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) oil and its components on Candida albicans, Candida glabrata and Saccharomyces cerevisiae," J Antimicrob Chemother. 2004 Jun; 53(6):1081-5. Epub 2004 May 12.

Post Categories: Men's Health

• I don't have acne but my face is bull I was using vitamin c oil and I do have sensitive skin can tea tree oil help with the dull ness?

• Interesting reading from so many stating tea tree oil is a miracle. Regardless, I started using it, several months ago, on my face, acne rosacea. I love the smell and the way it feels. my face is no longer dry, and maybe its help w/rosacea, some.... I like it, trust it, and recommend it!

• I am on my late 30's and live in Nrb Kenya, I have been a victim of Acne for many years, thanks to my sister Rose who introduced me to Tea Tree oil, my skin has changed since then and I am grateful.

• My back is really dry and used it it takes away itch.btw it get tar off of pets fur. Also the sores dogs get on their elbows helps soften and take them away.

• How can Iget the teatree oil?

• I am still on the usage though for one week, still hopping to have a testimony on my face acne.

• After seeing 3 doctors and spending out of pocket $300 in 3 weeks for scabies I contacted via and out break at work ( I work with elderly ) . I discovered while googling tea tree oil and its cure for scabies. I purchased a small bottle at Walgreens for 10.99 and used 2 teaspoons in warm bath water . After first bath I saw a major differance after the 3rd bath I was well on my way being scabies free.
    Tea tree oil has been a life and money saver!

I will be using it in the future for other ailments. I highly recommend it.

• Will Tea tree oil help Palmar/Plantar psoriasis (hands and feet) My feet are so sore and cracked and very painful, I have to use crutches to walk Hands are also cracked and painful, Ican't do my normal household chores or cook. Can anyone please help me?

• My nightly face routine consists of 2 drops of tea tree oil to 1/2cup of Witch Hazel. I use it as an astringent. It removes the makeup left behind after I wash my face. You will be amazed of how clear and toned your complexion will become.

• I'm suffering from Acne i wanna buy this tea tree oil kindly let me know from where i can in Pakistan?

• I have been battling severe adult chin acne for 5 years now. I have been prescribed at least a dozen oral and topical medicines......all of which have failed and even some made my face worse. I read about tea tree oil and started using. I use 100% organic tea tree oil. I dabbed the oil on my entire chin. In one day the redness was gone. In 2 days, all acne was dried. By the fifth day, my face was clear and I didn't need to hide behind makeup anymore. Instructions as follllows. Wash face with hot hot water to open pores. Pat dry. Rub tea tree oil on acne with cotton balls or clean fingers. I break a vitamin e capsule and mix with tea tree oil and rub on face every night.

• I have an oily pimple prone skin. Can I use the tea tree oil too? And if yes then what will be the best method to use it on an oily skin?

• I am worried with my acne for 6 months, after i discovered this Tea Tree Oil in just 1 week I see the results and it simply amazed me.

• I used a little last night @ it is truly is a "wonder oil".

• I have used tea tree oil for years for my sinusis and clears mucus quickly.

• I used it on Cole sore and it work wonders, love it it's a must have in your home

• I used it for inflammation with my calcifide tendinitis in my shoulder. It helped a lot with the pain also.

• Stacey did it help you psoriasis?

• Great for kheloids!!!

• I used Tea Tree Cleanser, a product from Wen on my face last night. Was wondering if I was supposed to use it that way. My face looked so much healthier right away. Smooth. Less redness. So soft and clear tone.

• Yes indeed this is a miracle, I love it! I add 3 drops of tea tree oil to my dove face wash and massage into my face for about a good minute, morning and night and wash off, and once a week I mix in tea tree oil with sea salt do not scrub to hard, and OMG all my acne has disappeared. Be careful not to use it near your eyes. Love love love..if you have acne and you dont like the Tree tea oil, please please use dove sensitive the white one, I promise it will be the best thing you can use, dont spend your money on expensive stuff, oh yea and use a fragrance free moisturizer, alot of times it is not the oil its the added fragrance that breaks and irritates the skin. I pray this helped, God Bless :)

• My dog got scabies really bad and chewed out most of her fur. At first I thought it was fleas so I went through alot of money on shampoos and stuff but I realised it was scabies when I contracted it from scratching my dog. Because I can't afford health care (Including the 285/mo Obamacare) I read online that Tea Tree Oil Bath can rid you of scabies! I put some in the dawn dish soap and every other cleaner I had and it's hopefully going to eleminate these parasites living in my home!

Posted on Dec 20 at 7:13 am

• does it dry up the wart and will it help for skin tags too

• I use Tea Tree in my skin care product and its the real deal skin rejuvenator. You should see my customers responses, they love it. My product is called, Colquitt's Healing Earth.

• i would like to know where i can purchase a defuzzier to burn my esstial oils tea-tree /lavender etc etc thank-you

• I have psoriasis and heard of the healing properties of tea tree oil. I bought several products including a wash and lotion that is pure tea tree. I will let you know the results in a few days!! Has anyone else had results with psoriasis?

• this oil can be purchased at Walmart or online.

• I've had acne all over my face since I was kid after reading all of these comments, would it be beneficial if I started using tea tree oil? would my scars and my acne and chicken pox marks be gone???

• my skin is full of pimples.. i used to peel it always. due to that my face now full of decay(hollows) in my chin..
    will tea tree cure this..........?

• I want knowledge about this Tea Tree Oil.
    How I can use this for skin glow etc
    please tell me.
    I want this

• I have benign hyprplasia of the nether region an the other night ran out of my medication but had some fscewash with it in. I used it there an had no symptoms all night. I went out and bought some oil the next day and now have added it to some cream that I apply. Works wonders no pain or itching. Miricle is right! Way better then the prescribed steroids. Love it.

• Tea tree oil is available at wal-mart pharmacy section as Spring Valley Tea Tree Oil

• I blend 3 drops of the oil with vasaline ad rub it all over my face at night , Magic!!!! Skin looks so pretty in the morning.

• I read on Internet about tea tree oil after having something on my eye lashes. It works and I'm getting better after using it every night.

• I developed thrush after taking a certain antibiotic. I put 2-3 drops in some water and I used it as a mouthwash around 2-3 times a day. Three days and it is pretty much completely gone. I also don't feel like I have any bad breath at all. Awesome!

I used this with organic apple cider vinegar to put on my face. Definitely an improvement in my acne.

• I just noticed the wonder of tea tree oil. My daughter put it on my swollen and painful ankle and the pain subsided and the smell in the air is wonderfully calming. My daughter also started to put it in her acne wich improved instantly results of less redness. I am thankful about knowing now about this miracle oil. thanks!

Posted on Dec 26 at 12:49 pm

• yes u can buy it ,
    a sweden based company named oriflame has it.
    contact me if u want

Posted on Dec 22 at 1:57 am

• I use this stuff after washing my face every day and night ...it's a true miracle! Got rid of red marks dark sport breakouts and gives me a healthy glow! I. Just add a fee drops of it to my lotion and rub into my face and neck! Highly recommended!!!!

Posted on Dec 11 at 9:05 pm

• Tea Tree Oil is amazing. I had a scar on my face which made me self conscious for almost my entire life. I am in my late 20's and I never put my hair up in a ponytail because of the scar. I read online about apple cider vinegar and tea tree oil. I tried the apple cider vinegar first and it didn't seem to be working. I then read about tea tree oil and decided to give it a try. I've been using it for a week now. It really is amazing, my scar is so much less noticeable and it is barely raised from my skin like it used to be. I've been to dermatologists over the years who have advised me not to have them remove it because it would leave a hole in my skin. One day I was determined to go to a plastic surgeon but now I don't have to after spending $10 at Walgreens for the tea tree oil. IT really is amazing!

Posted on Dec 7 at 9:08 am

• I have heard about it a few times.... Next time i go some where and see it im DEF gonna get it i hear about it a lot. Im going to use it all up!

Posted on Nov 27 at 5:07 pm

• I love Tea Tree EO its amazing in a bath, its healing properties are awesome. I buy mine from where i work and it is 100% organic with zero added chems. check out MountainRoseHerbs.com :)

Posted on Nov 3 at 11:07 pm

• Whenever my teeth and gums give me problems, I add a bit of tea tree oil to some warm water . Then, dip my Rota Dent in it, swirling away plaque, and soothing my gums. Then brush my teeth with a conventional brush and rinse. Whoa!! That short routine cleans and refreshes the mouth bigtime. And really does keep the bacteria at bay!! Love this versatile, natural remedy.

• Can i buy it in the drug store? how much? help.

• My daughter has ringworm...so I am trying this before her appointment tomorrow. Before applying tea tree oil. I first bathed her in Desatin Oatmeal Bath...applied the tea tree oil after the bath...then sprayed liquid bandage over the affected areas.
    I will update with tomorrows results. (I also applied it to my face)

• This tea tree oil eorks instantly on jock itch too!!

• I've applied it neat on a cotton bud and dabbed onto pimples, for overnight and already before I've even gone to sleep I can see the redness has gone down and the size of the pimples. Imagine what it can do over time! In love with tea tree oil! Goodbye pimples.

• My sister's acne leftt!

• I just now used it to treat lice. It ran down onto my face and into my eye. Burned like hell, but my face is soft, my hair is soft and lice free :)

• Tea tree oil is simply a miracle. I have used the Lanes brand purchased from Tesco's neat on my face. I used it to treat a white head and to my surprise it cleared a blemish close by. As I had a few blemishes on my face, I applied it neat all over my face every night for 7 days. I am shocked with the results, some deep rooted black heads disappeared and some small niblets of over grown skin (could be a wart) fell of too. I now look 20 years younger in my face. BTW, apply sweet almond oil to your face after applying the tea tree oil to prevent excessive dry skin and great smooth results.

• Tea tree oil is amazing.. I use it for cuts, burns and rashes, it works wonders each time.

Posted on Nov 16 at 4:06 pm