Recipe: Pan Seared Cod
Pan Seared Cod
Indulge in a healthy and delicious meal with this pan-seared cod recipe, perfect for any time of the year. The result is a light and refreshing meal that is full of flavor and perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or special occasion.
This recipe follows the principles of The Body Ecology Diet, making it a healthy choice for any seafood lover looking for a new way to enjoy this versatile fish.
– 4 6-ounce skinless, boneless cod filets
– Ground black pepper
– 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
– 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Season both sides of the cod filets with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once the butter has melted, add the cod filets to the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove the cod filets from the skillet and place them on a warm serving dish.
- Add the lemon juice to the skillet and stir to scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Pour the lemon-butter sauce over the cod filets.
- Sprinkle chopped fresh parsley over the top of the cod filets.
- Serve immediately and enjoy your delicious pan seared cod!