Video Recipe – How to Make Coconut Kefir
Although the liquid of the young coconut has an abundance of minerals, Donna was concerned that it would be too sweet. Drinking it would make the body too acidic and encourage the growth of pathogens and cancers. The idea to add Body Ecology’s kefir starter to this liquid and “culture it” kept popping into her mind. She knew it would be a perfect medium for the growth of beneficial microflora.
On a pretty summer night in Malibu, Donna, Don, and two close friends combined the starter and coconut water, let it rest for 24 hours, and were delighted with what they had created. All the sugar disappeared and a fizzy, sour, champagne-like drink, like a spritzer, was born. Donna and Don began teaching many people how to make this great new discovery, and the results were miraculous.
- It completely stops your cravings for sugar. Imagine the benefits of that!
- It aids digestion of all foods
- It has a tonifying affect on the intestines, even flattening the abdomen!
- It appears to cleanse the liver. In Chinese medicine the liver rules the skin, eyes, and joints. Coconut water kefir eases aches and joint pains. Many people report having a prettier complexion. They experience the brown liver spots on the skin fading away and skin tags, moles, or warts drying up and disappearing. Vision also improves
- It contains high levels of valuable minerals, including potassium, natural sodium, and chloride, which explains why the hair, skin and nails become stronger and have a prettier shine.
- It appears to have a beneficial, cleansing effect on the endocrine system (adrenals, thyroid, pituitary, ovaries). Women find that their periods are cleaner and healthier; some who had experienced early menopause have found this important monthly cleansing returning again.
- It increases energy and gives you an overall feeling of good health.