Psoriasis: How to Overcome It Naturally
Do you want soft, glowing skin but suffer from psoriasis, inflammation or psoriatic arthritis? You could be at risk for more serious complications, like heart disease and cancer. With these Body Ecology guidelines, you can nourish your skin AND your body from the inside out.
Psoriasis is a skin disease that most commonly appears as “plaque psoriasis,” which is raised, inflamed red patches covered by a silvery white scale. It can appear anywhere on your body.
Psoriasis is not contagious and may seem like an unattractive and inconvenient part of your life, but it can become more serious. Psoriasis can develop into psoriatic arthritis, a condition characterized by inflammation, pain and swelling of the joints.
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- Crohn’s disease
With documented risks like these, psoriasis is more than just a cosmetic disease.
Common over-the-counter and prescription treatments of psoriasis aim to slow cell turnover and reduce scaling, but experts have not yet found an “official cure”.
The Inflammation Connection
Psoriasis is linked to systemic inflammation. Inflammation is your body’s response to stressfrom diet, lifestyle and/or environment. It causes many diseases like arthritis and cancer, as well as psoriasis and general aging.
Common treatment of psoriasis includes anti-inflammatory drugs like aspirin and ibuprofen, but these just temporarily ease the symptoms. Body Ecology’s approach to whole body health provides a road map to wellness for those who suffer from psoriasis by: addressing your internal health, reducing inflammation by conquering infections (especially candidaisis), and healing your body from the inside out.
Body Ecology and Psoriasis
Here is our step-by-step approach to improving your psoriasis with the Body Ecology system for health and healing:
- Follow Our Seven Healthy Eating Principles and Seven Food Groups. Body Ecology’s Seven Universal Principles will lead you to solutions no matter what condition you want to improve or heal. Our seven food groups will tell you exactly what foods to eat and what foods to avoid to reverse your current health problem…including psoriasis.
To heal any disease including psoriasis you must focus on alkalizing your blood, building your immune system and conquering the infectionsthat cause inflammation. Over the years we have received many emails and comments from those on The Diet saying it “totally cleared up their two year old’s psoriasis” or I have struggled with psoriasis and nothing helped until I went on your diet.”
The Body Ecology Diet is an anti-fungal, alkaline, largely plant based, sugar and gluten-free,probiotic diet. We focus on helping you regain your health from the inside out. Of course, conquering yeast infections is our specialty and research clearly indicates a connection between yeast/fungal infections and psoriasis.
- Probiotics. Probiotics are one of the best ways to introduce healthy bacteria and yeast into your digestive tract where they can help you build your immune system so that your body can overcome the yeast infection.They also help you digest food, get rid of toxins, and fight inflammation that leads to psoriasis.
They are good for you both inside and out. In fact, here’s an interesting tip: Applyany of our probiotic liquids topically right onto your irritated and scaly skin. Simply steep a cotton cloth in the liquid to create a compress and apply. Cocobiotic, InnergyBiotic, BE WholeGrain or Dong Quai are all effective. Of course, throughout the day you will want to consume small amounts of these liquids taken internally, so that the beneficial microflora in these liquids can help alkalize your blood, build immunity and help conquer the yeast infection that often is the underlying cause of psoriasis…especially in young children.
Sooth inflammatory conditions of your body and skin, like psoriasis, with probiotic-rich Coco-Biotic. Coco-Biotic is a champagne-like, sparkling fermented drink that helps improve your skin and can even help ease achy joints. Drink Coco-Biotic and heal your skin from the inside out.
And for a great probiotic-rich fermented vegetable option, try making our cultured vegetables for a daily dose of skin-healing beneficial bacteria and yeast.
Learn how probiotics affect your internal health and external beauty in How to Get Healthier Skin: The Absolute Most Effective Steps to Getting Younger, Healthier Looking Skin.
- Sunshine. Even mainstream approaches to treating psoriasis recognize the sun as a natural remedy.Regular sunshine reduces inflammation,helps your body make vitamin D and helps heal psoriasis.
- Eat organic, unrefined oils, especially those rich in Omega 3 fatty acids like fish oil and hemp seed oil. Vitamin A (a fat soluble vitamin) has been shown to improve psoriasis. Fish oils, raw butter and ghee, egg yolk and red palm oil are great sources of fats that contain, Vitamin E is also beneficial and is found in extra virgin olive oil.
- Cleanse Your Liver and Your Colon. This is one of the most important steps you can take to overcome psoriasis. A toxic bowel and poor liver function underlie this skin condition. In fact, your skin reflects the condition of these two organs. Your liver rules your skin, eyes and joints in Chinese Medicine. Alcohol, drugs (medicinal and recreational), beer and wine not only harm the liver they make your candida infection more acute. Colon cleansing is a must!
- Reduce stress. High stress lifestyles increase the level of the stress hormone, cortisol, in your body and increase inflammation that can exacerbate conditions like psoriasis. Learn positive ways to handle stressand choose a lifestyle that minimizes stressful events and activities to give your body a chance to heal.
- Sleep better. Sleep is essential to reducing stress and inflammation and giving your body time to regenerate each and every night. Take steps to improve your sleep and you’ll improve your health.
- Neem powder. Neem has been used for centuries to alleviate skin infections and disorders and may even be as effective as coal tar as a psoriasis remedy! Even better, neem powder is an all-natural remedy that works.
- Healthy soaps. If you’re careful about what you put in your body, then you should also be careful about what you use on your body. Instead of commercial soaps laden with chemicals, why not use healthy soaps that soothe your skin instead of irritating it?
Heal Your Body, Heal Your Skin
Don’t let psoriasis get the best of you.
With an antifungal diet (The Body Ecology Diet) and some basic lifestyle changes, you can reduce inflammation and heal your skin as you heal the rest of your body.