Sugar isn’t just the cause of energy crashes, weight gain and upset stomach. It could potentially be holding you back from a longer life! Cutting out sugar is easier with natural detoxification and healthy sugar substitutes that keep the sweetness in your life.
But did you know that consuming sugar could also decrease your longevity?
A study published in a recent issue of Cell Metabolism states that all the sugar in the standard American diet might be taking years off your life.[i]
According to the study, by adding just a small amount of glucose to the bacteria consumed by C. elegans (a worm often studied as a model organism), researchers found that the worms lose about 20 percent of their usual life span. They trace the effect to insulin signals, which can block other life-extending molecular players.[ii]
Recovering From Too Much Sugar
If you’re like many people, the holiday season was a time of rich, high-sugar meals. With the abundance of these foods during the holiday season, most people load up on sugar and often experience weight gain, sluggishness and stomach pain.
But artificial sweeteners aren’t the answer, either.
As you probably know, most sugar substitutes are just nasty chemicals. Aspartame contributes to neurotoxicity and causes headaches, seizures, and mood disorders, and may even cause some cancer.[iii]
It’s imperative that you reduce the sugar intake in your diet.
However, you do not have to give up sweet tastes!
Discover a delicious alternative to sugar and dangerous sugar substitutes that tastes great! Stevia is safe for diabetics and children who have ADD, ADHD and autism. With an new and improved formula, Body Ecology’s Stevia Liquid concentrate is truly the best-tasting on the market! Try Body Ecology’s NEW Liquid Stevia Concentrate that tastes better than ever with an exclusive filtering process!
You can have both sweetness and your health by using alternatives. In fact, humans are naturally inclined to crave sweet tastes along with savory ones.
To add sweetness to you life without compromising your health, try stevia. While stevia has been used for thousands of years, it is recently coming back into the limelight for the following reasons:
- Stevia is 300 times sweeter than sugar, so you only need a little bit for a great, sweet taste!
- Stevia is an all-natural herb that has been used safely for thousands of years.
- Some studies suggest stevia has a regulating effect on the pancreas and could help stabilize blood sugar levels in the body.
- Stevia is a safe dietary supplement for people with diabetes, hypoglycemia, and candidiasis and for anyone and everyone concerned with reducing their sugar intake.
- If you’re an avid gardener in your backyard or on your balcony, you can even grow your own stevia plants!
- You can enhance the flavor of foods like salad dressings, milk kefir and the fruits recommended on the Body Ecology diet (like lemons and limes). Just add two drops and notice the delicious flavors you can create!
Stevia is easy to incorporate into your life. For some inspiration, check out how Certified Body Ecology coach and mother of 4, Roxanne Bockman used stevia to prepare a healthy, low-sugar Thanksgiving meal for 22 people!
Switching to a Sugar-Free Way of Life
Does it sound impossible to remove sugar from your life? We’re here to tell you that it’s not.
In fact, the Body Ecology program is designed to sustain you and get rid of cravings without sugar or starchy foods, and thousands of devoted fans are living better than ever!
However, switching to a different mode of eating and living is no easy task. Are those bagels, cookies and candies still calling out to you?
If you’re having trouble with intense sugar cravings, don’t feel guilty!
Instead, switch to The Body Ecology Diet because:
- The Body Ecology program focuses on a wonderful array of fermented foods and probiotic drinks that help stop your cravings for sugar.
- §Body Ecology emphasizes foods that strengthen your adrenals. When your adrenals are burned out and exhausted, you crave sweets for energy. But the immediate rush of energy that sugar provides is short lived and you soon crash again. Sweets make your adrenals even weaker.
- Body Ecology is a detoxifying (cleansing) diet. And a simple, natural detoxification program is key for balancing your body. A toxic body, which too people suffer from today, is one reason why you may find yourself consumed by cravings -- because candida, parasites and other pathogens are often the reason you crave those sweets and processed foods to begin with.
To learn more, read The Importance of Detoxification for Health & Happiness.
After restoring your body’s natural balance and tackling cravings for foods that don’t sustain you, you’ll be refreshed and ready to move forward without sugar in your life. But remember, no sugar doesn’t mean no sweets! Enjoy life’s natural sweetness without sugar and you too may experience a longer and better quality life.
[ii] Glucose Shortens the Life Span of C. elegans: http://www.cell.com/cell-metabolism/abstract/S1550-4131(09)00302-7
[iii] Metcalfe, et al, "Sweet Talking- research shows potential health risks of aspartame," The Ecologist, Jun 2000.http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m2465/is_4_30/ai_63699773
Want more articles like this?
Sign up to receive weekly articles. You'll also receive a 15% off coupon, weekly articles, and tips from Donna and her team.