Classic Homemade Mayonnaise Recipe
Here is a healthy mayonnaise recipe from my new cookbook, available now! This diverse cookbook features over 250 sugar-free, gluten-free, Body Ecology-friendly recipes, including smoothies, brunch, soups, dressings and dips, quick-and-easy meals, desserts, and much more!
Body Ecology’s Healthy Mayonnaise Recipe
- 2 fertile or organic free-range egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons raw, organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- ½ teaspoon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons Celtic sea salt, or to taste
- 1 cup organic, unfiltered olive oil
- Combine egg yolks, vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, cayenne pepper, sea salt, and ¼ cup olive oil in a blender. Blend for 30 to 45 seconds.
- With blender running low, drizzle remaining oil in a thin stream until mixture is thick. Scrape into a glass jar with a screw top, and it will keep safely in your refrigerator 7 to 14 days.
Additional options can include: garlic powder, a dash of white pepper, ¼ teaspoon mustard powder, and herbs (chervil, tarragon, dill, oregano, basil, cumin, coriander, curry, paprika). Cayenne pepper and/or lime juice gives the mayonnaise a nice flavor for toppings or for mixing into salads. Mayonnaise can be sweetened with a few drops of Stevia liquid concentrate. Instead of vinegar, try 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon peel, 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon fresh mustard.