- Non GMO
- Dairy Free
- Soy Free
- Gluten Free
Please Refrigerate Once Received!
Cultured foods have been an integral part of the healthiest diets for thousands of years and are essential to a long, healthy life. They give birth to a lavish inner ecosystem, building resistance to infections, and greatly enhancing digestion. They are ideal for appetite and weight control, very alkaline and cleansing to the blood.
How to Make Cultured Vegetables
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3|
Veggie Culture Starter is ideal for pregnant women, ensuring a healthy birth canal for her newborn child who will rely on her to provide healthy bacteria. Children with autism and ADD benefit from the culture as well. Cultured vegetables help take away cravings for sweets, soft drinks, bread, pasta, dairy, fruit and other expansive foods not allowed on the diet.
Research suggests that Lactobacillus plantarum has an ability to reverse gut disbyosis, like IBS, Crohn's Disease and Colitis.
Cultured Vegetable Starter contains the following beneficial bacteria:
- Lactobacillus plantarum
- Lactococcus lactis ssp. lactis
- Lactococcus lactis ssp. cremoris
- Lactococcus lactis ssp. diacetylactis
- Leuconostoc mesenteroides ssp. cremoris
- Lactobacillus kefyr
- Non-GMO dextrose as a carrier (consumed during fermentation)
Each box contains 6 packets which can be used to make cultured vegetables, cultured whipped butter, and creme fraiche.
An Easy Beginner's Recipe
- 3 heads green cabbage, shredded in a food processor
- Several cabbage leaves
- 6 carrots, large shredded in a food processor
- 3-inch piece ginger, peeled and chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 packet of Body Ecology® Veggie Culture Starter
- ½ cup warm (90°) water
- Dissolve Veggie Culture Starter with warm water. Add some form of sugar to feed the starter (try Rapadura, Sucanat, honey, Agave, or EcoBloom). Let the starter/sugar mixture sit for about 20 minutes or longer while the L. Plantarum and other bacteria wake up and begin enjoying the sugar. Put aside.
- Combine shredded cabbage, carrots, ginger, and garlic in a large bowl.
- Remove several cups of this mixture and put into a blender.
- Add enough filtered water to make a “brine” the consistency of thick juice. Add culture starter mixture from step 1. Blend well and then add brine back into first mixture. Stir well.
- Pack mixture down into a glass or stainless steel container. Use your fist, a wooden dowel, or a potato masher to pack veggies tightly.
- Fill container almost full, but leave about 2 inches of room at the top for veggies to expand.
- Roll up several cabbage leaves into a tight “log” and place them on top to fill the remaining 2-inch space. Clamp jar closed.
- Let veggies sit at about a 70° room temperature for at least 3 days. A week is even better. Refrigerate to slow down fermentation. Enjoy!
- Non GMO
- Dairy Free
- Soy Free
- Gluten Free
The veggie culture starter is wonderful, it's one of the only foods I've found that gives me energy within 30 minutes of eating my cultured veggies!1/5/2015
The Veggie Culture starter is a great product, my husband and I make our cultured veggies every 6 weeks. At first we had to be careful to read the directions, but now we've made them so much we don't even need a recipe. It's one of the only foods that gives me energy within 30 minutes of eating the cultured/fermented veggies. Thanks for your wonderful products!!
Try it, it works Fool Proof 1/1/2015
I have been using cultured veggie starter for a few years now and I can always count on a great batch of cultured veggies, which I make about every 6 weeks. It is a little work, but not much really for the benefits of always having cultured veggies on hand.
I would like to thank you Body Ecology for a providing a excellent product. 12/25/2014
By Jeff Junyor
I would like to thank you Body Ecology for a providing a excellent product. I am able to Culture My Vegetables flawlessly batch after batch. I would like to share information that the key to Gut correction is to culture the vegetables for 4 weeks time period. Thanks to Body Ecology. i am able to Culture the Vegetables without adding any salt and I am able to culture it for 4 weeks without any issues. I would definitely recommend this product for all sufferers of Candida. Please use this product and Culture the vegetables (mainly Cabbages) for 4 weeks using the Body Ecology Culture Starter
This is an excellent vegetable culture. I am sold on the cultured vegetables.
Can't get it right!12/23/2014
I have tried this twice and I get mush by second day. Must be doing something terribly wrong.
Great starter for salsa or fermented veggie.
I'm hooked on the delicious tasting veggies that come together and knowledge that I am optimizing the bacteria in my gastrointestinal track. I've come to crave sweets less and my body weight has stabilized. I'm feeling good.
I am really enjoying these products. I will continue to buy and this is helping me with my depression!
Feeling much better! The bags under my eyes have reduced dramatically and everyone is noticing!