- Non GMO
- Dairy Free
- Soy Free
- Gluten Free
Please Refrigerate Once Received!
Kefir has many benefits including better digestion of fats, proteins and carbohydrates, and has been known for thousands of years for its anti-aging and immune enhancing properties.
Kefir is an ancient cultured food rich in amino acids, enzymes, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and B vitamins. Kefir means "feel good" in Turkish, and that's just how you'll feel after drinking a glass in the morning! Easy and fun to make at home, it is superior to commercial yogurt. An absolute must after antibiotic use!
Unlike yogurt, kefir can actually colonize the intestinal tract and is simple and fun to make at home.
Body Ecology Kefir Starter contains the following beneficial bacteria:
- Lactococcus lactis subsp. lactis
- Lactococcus lactis subsp. cremoris
- Lactococcus lactis subsp. diacetylactis,
- Leuconostoc mesenteroides subsp. cremoris
- Lactobacillus kefyr (thermophilic)
- Saccaromyces Boulardii
- Kluyveromyces marxianus
- Non-GMO dextrose as a carrier (consumed during fermentation)
Contains 6 packets which can be used an average of 7 times each. 6 tablespoons of previous batch will ferment 1 quart of liquid.
To activate starter for initial usage:
- Into container (preferably glass with lid), mix together the entire contents of one foil package of kefir starter and one quart of slightly warmed milk (about skin temperature or 92 degrees).
- Shake, stir or whip with a whisk to mix well. Put lid on container.
- Let this mixture ferment at 72-75 F for 18-24 hours for milk, 24-48 hours for coconut water and some others. (You will notice it is ready if the milk has thickened and has a distinctive, sour fragrance. Final consistency is pourable but not "eat with a spoon" thick.) Coconut water will not thicken like milk, only become cloudy and much less sweet.
- Shake or stir vigorously and place into the refrigerator. Even in your refrigerator the fermentation process continues, but chilling will slow down the fermentation of the healthy bacteria and beneficial yeast.
Directions for transferring kefir after the initial batch has been made and directions for making kefir cheese are included on packaging.
Donna Gates recommends adding kefir starter to the liquid found inside the young, green coconut.
Kefir is traditionally made with cow's milk, but can be made with soy, coconut, rice, goat, or sheep milk (other varieties of milk yield a more watery kefir than cow's milk).
Kefir is a wonderful addition to smoothies!
Shelf life is 12 months from the manufactured date, or longer when stored in a freezer.
- Non GMO
- Dairy Free
- Soy Free
- Gluten Free
I'm fairly new to the probiotic world and was pleasantly surprised how easy it is to make. I also found that varying the amount of milk I use (eg. a little more or less than a quart) can vary the thickness nicely. The taste is some of the best yogurt/kefirs I've had, and it just keeps getting better with each subsequent batch.
The kefir started was the first product I liked of all the other ones I used. My coconut kefir never went wrong and I also used for coc yogurt and in my smoothies. It is a super quality product and I trust body ecology for their sincere willingness to help!
Thank you for offering us quality products, never compromise please....!
Its good.only thing that concerns me is the price of this product.
Good product, use it all the time9/19/14
I have been using this product for years. I like this product very much.
By New BED
I'm new to the Body Ecology Diet and have enjoyed trying this product. It's VERY easy to make coconut kefir and milk kefir and I love using the kefir a to drink or in smoothies. One packet goes a long way because you can use some of the previous batch as a starter.
Still trying to acquire a taste for it.9/17/14
This is taking some getting used to as far as taste. The texture is really smooth. At first I had to hold my nose, drink from a straw and go somewhere else in my mind but it's getting better. I just keep telling myself I'm doing something really good for my body!
It worked as instructed and I enjoy it very much. ty
I have coconut water kefir available DAILY for my morning shake. I love the health benefits and the ease of making it with the BE starter.
Convenient and Tasty9/14/14
I have kefir grains but i like having the BE kefir starter around as backup. I actually like the way it tastes better than with the grains.
Can't live without it!9/3/14
I have been using this for over a year and I LOVE it! Can't live without it!