Hormonal Imbalances and 3 Ways to Control Candida
This estrogen dominance can occur anytime throughout a woman’s life and may lead to other symptoms, beyond PMS, that include:
- Breast tenderness, swelling, and fibrocystic breast disease
- Some types of breast cancer
- Ovarian cysts
- Heavy and irregular menstruation
- Migraines and headaches
- Hair loss
3 Ways to Control Candida and Get Your Hormones in Check
Although hormone therapy may seem like a natural solution to a hormone imbalance, it can often do more harm than good. If you haven’t explored Candida overgrowth as a cause of a hormone imbalance, it may be time to address the root cause of the issue before considering further medical treatment.
Controlling Candida effectively will help to establish a healthy, robust inner ecology. This is one proactive way to regulate hormone levels and strengthen your immunity at the same time with the following steps:
- Eat fermented foods regularly. You can make your own fermented foods at home using the Body Ecology Veggie Culture Starter to inoculate your gut with the good bacteria it needs to keep Candida in check.
- Limit your sugar consumption. At the most basic level, sugar feeds Candida yeast. This will weaken your immune system and block hormone receptors, greatly contributing to a hormonal imbalance. For a safe, natural, and guilt-free sugar alternative, try Stevia instead.
- Cleanse your liver. Supporting the health of your liver is essential to detoxify excess estrogen levels that trigger a hormone imbalance. You can gently cleanse by using LivAmend daily to de-congest the liver and increase bile flow.
Don’t Forget Dong Quai!
One celebrated probiotic that will pack a powerful punch to balance unstable hormone levels is Dong Quai, otherwise known as female ginseng. This herb is well known for its hormone-balancing benefits and can be best enjoyed as a fermented drink to increase its nutrient bioavailability one hundredfold.
Dong Quai can serve as a blood tonic to boost circulation and will also benefit both male and female fertility. Even better, it can help to ease symptoms of both PMS and menopause and treat a number of related hormonal disorders that trigger alopecia, eczema, and rosacea.
If you find yourself suffering from anxiety and mood swings each month, reach for a glass of Dong Quai to promote hormonal balance!
A Healthy Inner Ecology Brings Natural Balance
If you’ve been used hormone replacement therapy or have taken antidepressants to treat symptoms of a hormonal imbalance, it’s important to understand that medications like antidepressants can impact healthy gut function. As a result, both the nervous system and the digestive system will be affected for the worse, leaving the body even more vulnerable to hormone fluctuations.
To target the root cause of a hormonal imbalance, focus on your digestive health first of all. Nourishing your inner ecology will strengthen your gut health to control Candida and get your hormone levels back on track.
Stabilizing hormone levels naturally is one way to benefit your health and improve your quality of life. Instead of struggling with unpleasant hormone-related symptoms month after month, you can proactively improve your health to find the balance you’ve been longing for.