Slow-Roasted Chicken Breasts Recipe
A simple, old-fashioned meal of baked chicken, vegetables and salads comes together with only a few minutes of active time in the kitchen.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 chicken breasts on the bone, skin removed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsps chopped basil
- 2 tbsps chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp Celtic Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Heat the oven to 275 F.
- Melt coconut oil in a skillet over moderately high heat, sear chicken breasts in the hot oil for 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a baking dish.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk olive oil with basil, parsley, salt and pepper. Brush it over the chicken breasts.
- Cover the baking dish with parchment-lined foil, and bake for 35 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.