If you’re sick of the same old, same old, pressed for time in the morning, or simply at a loss for what to make for breakfast, this ultra-nourishing market green smoothie recipe has your name on it. Pop the ingredients listed (as well as any others you want to add) into a blender, and head out into the world with renewed energy.
Pro tip: Add 2 scoops of our energizing, gut-soothing Vitality SuperGreen to level up your green smoothie. Play with the ingredients, and create your own favorites.
Remember, when you wake up in the morning, your intestines are dehydrated. Your body is still waking and needs time to get into full gear, so easy-to-digest foods, like this alkalizing, high-fiber smoothie, are a must.
- 1 cup celery root, peeled and chopped
- 3 organic unpeeled cucumbers, chopped
- 1 lemon, peeled and cut into sections
- 1 lime, peeled and cut into sections
- 2 inches ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 whole organic green apple, chopped
- 1 heaping handful baby spinach
- Filtered water to cover
- 1 cup ice
- Optional ingredients: frozen berries, fermented coconut meat, cultured quinoa milk, coconut kefir, and BE Sweet to taste.
1. Purée all ingredients in a blender, adding more water if needed.
Green apples are a sour fruit that adds a touch of sweetness to an alkaline, vegetable-rich smoothie. Ideally, fruit should be eaten alone and on an empty stomach for optimum digestion, but it works just fine for most people when combined with veggies.
If you find that the addition of the apple is too sweet for you, then don’t put it in. In other words, temporarily eliminate the apple if you’re dealing with severe candida-related problems (as so many are today), and use some fermented coconut meat and BE Sweet to thicken and flavor your green smoothie recipe.