Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or ghee
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 1 leek, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Marigold Organic Swiss Bouillon cube (optional)
- 7 cups filtered water
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, cubed
- ⅛ teaspoon allspice
- ⅛teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛teaspoon ginger
- Cayenne pepper, pinch
- ½teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- Herbamare to taste
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped as a garnish
- Heat coconut oil or ghee in a stockpot. Sauté onions until translucent. Add vegetable bouillon cube and water. Simmer for 10 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Add leek, squash, spices, and sea salt. Continue to cook until squash is tender.
- Purée using a blender or an immersion blender and adjust seasonings. Add Herbamare to taste.
- Serve hot or cold, garnished with freshly chopped dill.