Celebrate the season while staying gut-smart with this probiotic-packed holiday punch recipe.
Christmas punch ingredients:
- 8 oz. pomegranate seeds (frozen)
- 2 lemons
- 16 oz. pomegranate juice
- 16 oz. 100% cranberry juice
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 20 oz. CocoBiotic or a combo of Gerolsteiner mineral water/CocoBiotic
- 20 oz. Prosecco instead of Gerolsteiner/CocoBiotic
- 6 oz. vodka or rum
Christmas punch instructions:
1. Slice round, thin slices of lemon, and cut in half.
2. Mix together the lemon slices, pomegranate seeds and juice, cranberry juice, and vanilla in a glass pitcher or punch bowl. Refrigerate for at least two hours.
3. Slowly stir in CocoBiotic, mineral water, and/or Prosecco right before serving.
If adding other alcohols:
4. Pour in rum or vodka when mixing juices and fruit in step 2.
Cheerful and colorful, cranberries have plenty of health properties. Cranberries may offer support for the gums, heart, urinary tract, and immune system. They’re also a great source of fiber, manganese, and vitamins C and E.
At Body Ecology, we teach that acidic fruits like cranberries combine well with nuts, seeds, and dairy. Some people with good digestion can add them to animal protein too — like your holiday turkey — as they can stimulate digestion. Just remember to avoid cranberries with added sugar.