Body Ecology Diet Gravy Recipe
This delicious recipe is greatly enhanced by the addition
of sauted onions and shitake mushrooms. Its great for special occasions, such as Thanksgiving and holidays, when a
traditional gravy is needed.
- 2 Tbsp. organic, unrefined coconut oil, butter or ghee
- 2 1/2 – 3 Tbsp. amaranth flour
- 2 cups vegetable broth or water
- 1/4 tsp. fresh minced garlic
- 1 tsp. of any one of Spice Hunter’s many seasoning blends,
such as Herbs de Provence or Deliciously Dill, Sea salt,
Trocomare or Herbamare, to taste
- In a small skillet, make a roux by melting ghee, butter
or oil and quickly stirring in flour.
- Very slowly add vegetable broth or water, stirring
- Add garlic and seasoning, adjust to taste.
Variation: Sauté sliced onions and shitake mushrooms in
the same skillet you will be using to make the gravy. Remove
them and make gravy. Fold onions and shitakes back in and
reheat before serving.