Thai Turkey Bowls with Carrots, Basil & Cilantro
- 1 pound ground dark meat turkey
- 2 oz fresh basil– chopped
- ¼ bunch fresh cilantro – chopped
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- ½ cup sliced green onions
- 2-3 cloves garlic–minced
- Juice of 2 limes- at least 3-4 tablespoons
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 8 oz jar of clam juice
- 2-3 tablespoons low sodium, wheat free Tamari
- 1 cup jasmine or basmati rice *substitute cauliflower rice if preferred
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil or avocado
1. Prepare jasmine or basmati rice in saucepan according to package directions.
2. Preheat the sauté pan on medium high heat. Add a drizzle of oil, then brown the ground turkey stirring to break it up. Cook approx. 4-5 minutes until no longer pink. Add garlic and cook until soft.
3. Add shredded carrots, lime juice, tamari, clam juice and crushed red pepper. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes more or until carrots are soft.
4. Add chopped basil and cilantro— tossing into turkey mixture and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
5. Spoon Thai Turkey mixture over servings of jasmine* rice and garnish with diced green onions. Serve with leafy green salad.
*Substitute cauliflower rice if preferred.