Sugar-Free Carrot Cake/Muffin Recipe
As you start on The Body Ecology Diet, we hope to introduce you to several alternative sweeteners that can provide the sweet taste you crave without the harmful effects of sugar. Golden LAKANTO® is an ideal zero-calorie baking companion and is also safe for diabetics.
Body Ecology is first and foremost a system of health and healing, but eating for your health doesn’t mean you have to feel deprived. While eating the Body Ecology Way could help to relieve and manage a number of chronic conditions, including depression, weight problems, premature aging, Candida, hormonal imbalance, and autoimmune disorders, we still believe in enjoying foods that are as tasty as they are nourishing. We’ve even left room for dessert.
Body Ecology Sugar-Free Carrot Cake
- 2½ cup gluten-free flour
- 1½ cup Golden LAKANTO®
- ¾ cup melted butter (preferably grass-fed)
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 3 eggs
- 4 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup water
- Pinch of Celtic sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla flavoring
- Preheat oven 375°F.
- Using an electric mixer, mix together Lakanto and melted butter.
- Add eggs, then flour and rest of ingredients.
- Pour batter into cake or muffin pan of choice.
- Bake in oven until fork can be inserted into center and comes out clean (approx. 12-15 minutes).
- Cool and serve.
Want more articles like this?
Sign up to receive weekly articles. You'll also receive a 15% off coupon, weekly articles, and tips from Donna and her team.