Roasted Garlic Mashed Cauliflower
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 3 tablespoons ghee, organic butter, or coconut oil, divided
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground or micro-planed nutmeg
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Celtic sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice off very top of garlic bulb to expose most of the individual cloves.
- Put 1 tablespoon ghee, butter, or coconut oil on a square of parchment paper. Place garlic cut-side down on parchment, bring sides up, and twist to secure.
- Roast garlic for 15 to 25 minutes. Set aside until cool enough to handle then slide individual cloves out of their skins.
- Bring a couple of inches of water to a boil in a large stockpot with a steamer insert.
- Cut cauliflower into medium-sized, uniform florets.
- Place cauliflower in the stockpot and sprinkle well with salt.
- Steam approximately 10 minutes, or until soft. Drain well.
- Place cauliflower, remaining 2 tablespoons butter or oil, roasted garlic, freshly ground pepper, and nutmeg in a food processor. Process until smooth. Correct seasonings, if necessary.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Want more articles like this?
Sign up to receive weekly articles. You'll also receive a 15% off coupon, weekly articles, and tips from Donna and her team.