Roasted Garlic Mashed Cauliflower Recipe
Roasted Garlic Mashed Cauliflower
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 3 tablespoons ghee, organic butter, or coconut oil, divided
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground or micro-planed nutmeg
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Celtic sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice off very top of garlic bulb to expose most of the individual cloves.
- Put 1 tablespoon ghee, butter, or coconut oil on a square of parchment paper. Place garlic cut-side down on parchment, bring sides up, and twist to secure.
- Roast garlic for 15 to 25 minutes. Set aside until cool enough to handle then slide individual cloves out of their skins.
- Bring a couple of inches of water to a boil in a large stockpot with a steamer insert.
- Cut cauliflower into medium-sized, uniform florets.
- Place cauliflower in the stockpot and sprinkle well with salt.
- Steam approximately 10 minutes, or until soft. Drain well.
- Place cauliflower, remaining 2 tablespoons butter or oil, roasted garlic, freshly ground pepper, and nutmeg in a food processor. Process until smooth. Correct seasonings, if necessary.
Want more articles like this?
Sign up to receive weekly articles. You'll also receive a 15% off coupon, weekly articles, and tips from Donna and her team.