No one wants to think about a raincloud floating across the United States, transporting radioactive fallout.
However, jet streams, narrow currents of air that are always moving through the atmosphere, are presently circulating from Japan and across the Pacific Ocean, towards the west coast of North America, carrying with them clouds that contain radioactive fallout.
The first explosion, which took place on Saturday, March 12, 2011 at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant in Japan, leaked radioactivity into the atmosphere. Once radioactivity is in the atmosphere, it is present. Radioactivity can disperse, but it does not disappear.
All winter, jet streams carrying clouds and stormy weather have followed the same pattern of moving across the Pacific towards the North American west coast, ranging anywhere from British Columbia to Southern California. The jet stream moves up in a loop over the western North American Rocky Mountain range, at which point it dips into the Midwest and curls up and out towards the US east coast. The Florida coast, panhandle of Texas, and Louisiana remain largely out of the path of this jet stream current. (1)
If you are iodine deficient, your body could be susceptible to radioactive damage released into the environment by the recent nuclear disaster in Japan!
Image credits: http://inhabitat.com
Any amount of radioactivity, even trace amounts, are undesirable.
As concern over total meltdown continues to grow, it is important to understand the risk factors involved in nuclear disasters. All nuclear facilities release radioactive Iodine 131 into the atmosphere, and when there is an explosion, such as the 1986 Chernobyl disaster in Ukraine, an enormous amount of radioactive Iodine 131 is released into the atmosphere.
If we are the least bit deficient in iodine, the body readily accepts radioactive Iodine 131.
The human body has no way to selectively excrete Iodine 131 or any defense against it.
Iodine 127 is the only natural iodine isotope. If we have sufficient amounts, our bodies have no reason to accept the heavier Iodine 131. In other words, the body refuses uptake of this toxic radioisotope. Seaweed, plentiful in Iodine 127, protects the body from absorbing Iodine 131. It has been recorded that 20 years after the Chernobyl disaster, the Polish people treated with Iodine 127 have almost 1000 times less thyroid disease than neighboring countries even further than Poland from the disaster site.
Iodine passes easily through the epidermis and alveolar cell walls into the body, in addition to intestinal absorption. This means that any Iodine 131 we breathe or get on our skin is likely to be absorbed if we are at all Iodine 127 deficient. (2)
As Iodine 131 decays, it releases a high-energy beta particle, which causes mutation and death in cells that it penetrates and other cells several millimeters away. Iodine 131 from fallout and in contaminated food has been shown to collect in the thyroid. As it decays, it severely damages the thyroid.
Body Ecology Ocean Plant Extract is a concentrated source of an exceptionally beneficial seaweed called Laminaria japonica.
This seaweed was studied and used extensively after the 1986 Chernobyl disaster. L. japonica is an excellent source of Iodine 127.
Additionally, L. japonica contains alginates, which naturally absorb radioactive elements, heavy metals, and free radicals. An alginate will bind both radioactive elements and heavy metals to its own molecular structure. Because the body cannot degrade and break down alginates, they are excreted with toxins from the body.
BOOST YOUR IMMUNITY NOW:
|Eat plenty of kelp and other sea vegetables.|
|Ocean Plant Extract: A great source of iodine and a strong detoxifier.|
|Ancient Minerals: Organic Humic and Fulvic minerals and macro and micronutrients to detoxify and protect the endocrine system.|
|Fermented Spirulina: Rich in chlorophyll, vitamins, antioxidants, essential fatty acids, minerals, and trace minerals to protect the cells and detoxify.|
|Probiotic Beverages: Microflora that protect the gut, aid in detoxification, and open the elimination channels.|
|Reishi Mushroom: Boosts immunity, anti-tumor, and protects against radiation damage.|
WHAT TO REMEMBER MOST ABOUT THIS ARTICLE:
- Numerous explosions at a nuclear power plant in Japan have released radioactivity into the atmosphere: Current jet stream trends are moving clouds that have some (we do not know how much) radioactivity.
- Radioactive fallout is a serious health concern: As witnessed with events in Chernobyl, radioactive fallout has long-term affects, such as severely increasing risk for thyroid cancer.
- If your body is at all iodine deficient, it readily absorbs radioactive iodine: Radioactive Iodine 131 is toxic and the most common radioactive element present in nuclear disasters.
- There are simple ways to protect against Iodine 131 uptake: Begin consuming foods, such as seaweed, that have high amounts of naturally occurring Iodine 127. Taking potassium iodide tablets is another way to protect against Iodine 131 absorption.
- Friendly microflora remove toxins and heavy metals from the body: In other words, there is no better time than now to eat your cultured veggies! As Donna Gates puts it, "Cultured foods are vital survival foods." They regulate immune function, reduce the inflammatory response, and break down heavy toxins in the body.
- Body Ecology Ocean Plant Extract
- Ocean Plant Extract
- Ancient Minerals
- Fermented Spirulina
- Probiotic Beverages
- Reishi Mushroom
- Storm Surf: http://www.stormsurf.com/
Want more articles like this?
Sign up to receive weekly articles. You'll also receive a 15% off coupon, weekly articles, and tips from Donna and her team.