The 8 Most Important Things You Can Do to Keep Your Bones Strong and Healthy
Breaking a bone may be common in childhood, but bone density issues are causing broken hips, wrists and even spines in adults. Here’s how to protect your bone health.
Knee replacements, hip replacements, stooped shoulders… these do NOT have to be a fact of growing older.
We all want strong bones, but aside from paying attention to calcium and magnesium, most of us don’t know what else to do.
But there are more answers than you think and even better, they are EASY to fit into your lifestyle!
Body Ecology and Your Bone Density
Weak bones are the reason that people break hips or walk hunched over. Osteoporosis is the official diagnosis, but you can have weak bones long before your doctor mentions you have a problem.
Osteoporosis means you have porous bones that are more susceptible to breaking, and it’s more common than you think.
The National Osteoporosis Foundation estimates that over half of all Americans over the age of 55 suffer from osteoporosis!
There is no doubt that bone health becomes important as you get older, but the decline in your bone density starts years earlier, and it affects men as well as women.
Here are 8 key steps to keep your bones healthy:
- Reduce or eliminate sugar. Sugar robs your body of minerals, like calcium and magnesium, needed to build strong bones. One great way to combat calcium and magnesium deficiency is to avoid sugar completely… but we really need that sweet taste!
Instead, use a healthy alternative, like Body Ecology’s new Lakanto. Zero calories, zero glycemic index and does not feed candida, Lakanto is so versatile that it tastes AND bakes just like sugar. We also recommend you use calorie-free liquid stevia concentrate.
- Make sure you get enough magnesium. Magnesium is one of the most important minerals in your body, but many people have a magnesium deficiency. Supplements like Natural Calm (link to your amazon affiliate at Natural Calm help you get the magnesium you need easily!
- Eat butter! Butter, especially the organic raw cultured kind, is crucial to the neural and skeletal development of kids and adults too! Many people have trouble absorbing calcium due to a vitamin D deficiency, but butter contains vitamin D AND helps drive minerals into your bones.
For more information on how to choose the RIGHT butter for your bone health, read: The 20 Health Benefits of Real Butter
- Consume less protein. We Americans sometimes eat a protein-heavy diet. High protein diets have a diuretic effect and acidify your blood, causing you to lose calcium and magnesium.
Instead, follow the 80/20 rule, where 20% of each meal is protein and the other 80% is made up of vegetables.
- Get outside. Your body makes vitamin D when sunlight hits your skin. But most people don’t get the recommended 30 minutes of sun exposure daily that you need to prevent vitamin D deficiency. So head outside (lunchtime is best) and soak up some sun.
- Jump up and down. Rebounding is one of the safest and most effective exercises you can do. Simply jumping on a mini-trampoline, or rebounder, challenges every cell of your body in a way that conventional exercises cannot. Even better, rebounding is a fun, no-impact, cost-effective, and convenient way to build your bones!
- Try cultured vegetables. Cultured vegetables are fermented with beneficial bacteria and yeast (microflora), multiplying their nutritional content and making them easier to digest. Even better, they help your body absorb essential vitamins and minerals and are rich in vitamin C, which are all essential for building strong bone density.
- Eat your greens. Green vegetables of all kinds have tons of chlorophyll. It gives them their green color and contains plenty of magnesium to strengthen your bones.
You can improve your bone health NATURALLY with diet and lifestyle. Body Ecology is an ideal way to address your nutritional needs to build bone density. With easy recipes and lifestyle tips, you’ll build your bones and a better body.
Get your copy of The Body Ecology Diet today – includes special FREE INSTANT BONUS!
Body Ecology for Your Bones
These tips are some of the best ways that you can build bone density and reverse bone loss if you are already experiencing it. But don’t wait until it’s too late… start NOW by making these simple changes in your lifestyle and diet.
The best news of all is that with the Body Ecology program, you’ll be supporting more than your bone health. Whether your goal is more energy, better moods, weight loss, increased immunity, lower cholesterol, healing candida or creating youthful longevity, you’ll find you feel better inside and out!
Osteoporosis Statistics, National Osteoporosis Foundation. http://www.nof.org/osteoporosis/diseasefacts.htm