Listen: Sally K. Norton Talks About “Toxic” SuperFoods
What are oxalates and what is their role in many different health issues and concerns? Donna is joined by nutritionist and oxalate expert Sally K. Norton in this episode. She is the author of the upcoming release “Toxic Superfoods” and shares her expansive knowledge not just on oxalates but also on how easy it is to make ‘healthy eating’ mistakes that are detrimental to your health.
As well as the toxicity of oxalates, Donna and Sally discuss the prevalence of oxalate-rich soy in foods, the impact on gut health as well as the link between inflammation and the thyroid gland.
- Sally has helped many people improve their health and recover from serious illnesses, chronic pain, kidney problems, osteopenia, and even chronic infections, just by making simple changes to their diet.
- Oxalates are natural toxic acids and crystals with health-damaging effects and are found in many of the “superfoods” we think are good for us. Almonds, spinach and vitamin C in high doses are key examples of oxalates.
- Despite mounting evidence surrounding the dangers of oxalate-rich foods, many people are still ignorant of the dangers.
- For 40+ years the health industry has been telling the population to eat less eggs, meat and dairy but this has led to people eating more processed foods.
- Almost all food has a good and a bad side to it. It’s about balance.
- The commercialisation of food, including ‘health foods’ means that no one is truly looking out for people’s health in a balanced and unbiased way.
- The breasts and thyroid glands are very common places for oxalates to collect in women’s bodies.
- Any inflammation, including that caused by the foods we eat, can impact the thyroid gland.
ABOUT THE GUEST
Sally K. Norton is a nutritionist with a unique speciality— warning us that healthy eating can get us into trouble.
Sally earned her nutrition degree from Cornell University and a master’s degree in Public Health from UNC-Chapel Hill. She is the author of the book called, “Toxic Superfoods.” Her information has helped many people improve their health and recover from serious illnesses, chronic pain, kidney problems, osteopenia, and even chronic infections just by making simple changes to their diet.
Sally Norton’s own healing experience inspired her years of careful research bringing to light the little-known science showing us that many popular foods like almonds, spinach, and dark chocolate are slowly poisoning us.
Preorder bonus available (save your receipt or order confirmation number).
Preorder Toxic Superfoods here: https://sallyknorton.com/toxic_superfoods/