Guilt Free For the Holidays: How to Enjoy the Typical Thanksgiving Meal (Thanksgiving Recipe Included)
Thanksgiving is a time of celebration and for many, it’s the one day you choose to abandon your healthy eating rules. Here’s how to drop the guilt and truly enjoy your Thanksgiving meal!
What does it really mean to be healthy this holiday season?
For many, it’s a time to let your rules for healthy eating go and just enjoy a delicious meal with family and friends. And you know what? We agree.
Health is a journey that includes your emotional as well as your physical health. There are times when you just want to put the rules of healthy eating aside and simply have fun with food. The holidays are especially one of those times. Now if you ARE going to abandon your healthy eating rules this holiday season, the key to truly enjoying your meal is to let go of your fears or judgment about eating the usual Thanksgiving day fare.
What does this mean? It means truly savoring every bite, without worrying about whether it’s going to create this or that symptom. Loving your Thanksgiving meal means allowing it to be a stress-free day — and let’s face it, the meal won’t be truly enjoyable if you are worried about the outcome of eating the delicious foods on your holiday table.
It’s true, the Body Ecology system of health and healing works…and we’ve heard from thousands of you that it’s changed your life. We are always grateful for your feedback!
And at the same time, we all recognize that holiday celebrations are a time to focus on gathering with family. So celebrate your personal choice – to either stick to your healthy versions of
Thanksgiving meals OR indulge in the usual holiday fare (worry free!).
Still, some of you may end up somewhere in between. You may want a wholesome meal with some ingredients that are not usually on your healthy eating list. This is a wonderful way to go as well! And for you, we are providing a Thanksgiving recipe for Cranapple Relish with Pecans that is sure to delight your taste buds.
Not only is this Thanksgiving recipe the perfect accompaniment for a traditional Thanksgiving dinner, it is also great mixed with Kefir or organic fresh cream and enjoyed as a dessert. You can even add it to your favorite breakfast cereal. A perfect reason to make enough for leftovers!
Thanksgiving Recipe: Cranapple Relish With Pecans
Yield: 2 cups
- 1 tablespoon unsalted (sweet) butter (raw butter or ghee is preferred)
- 2 medium apples, peeled and finely diced
- 12-ounce package fresh cranberries
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 cup fresh organic orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped orange rind
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Body Ecology Liquid Stevia Concentrate
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the apples, cranberries, and pecans, and sauté for about 10 minutes, or until the apples and cranberries are soft.
- Place the remaining ingredients in a small bowl and combine well. Add this mixture to the cranberry mixture and stir gently.
- Simmer the ingredients and continue cooking until the mixture thickens slightly.
- Transfer the relish to a bowl and refrigerate for several hours before serving.