Threats to Optimal Health
Optimal health is as complex as the human body itself. Unfortunately, in the past, the modern food industry has produced borderline toxic food for us to consume.
Because this toxicity is not as apparent as say, food poisoning, we go on eating pro-inflammatory fats and sugar-dense meals full of additives and preservatives, never the wiser. As more people are subjected to diabetes and chronic inflammatory conditions, especially early in life when the body should be full of vigor, both families and scientists have begun to look closely at the role that food consumption plays in health.
As you probably know, there is a problem when we are constantly exposed to toxins in our foods, in our air, and in our water. However, we need also look at what we think is healthy just because we buy it at a health food store.
Many foods and supplements in natural markets are still loaded with fillers and are high in sugar. Many of the large organic farms that deliver produce and meats are not providing the quality you think you may be paying for. In last week’s newsletter, we discussed the difference between grass-fed beef that is grain-finished and grass-fed beef that is green-finished. This is one of the many examples of the ways these organic farms have to cut corners in order to supply the large health food stores.
Jordan Rubin Wants to Change Farming in America
Jordan Rubin, creator of Beyond Organic, has restored his health by switching to a diet of nutrient-dense traditional foods that include raw and cultured dairy, grass-fed meats, and wild-caught fish.
At the age of 20 years old, Jordan Rubin was diagnosed with Crohn’s disease and showed symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis, chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, Candida overgrowth, as well as several viral infections.
At the point where his body was literally wasting away and after seeing dozens of specialists, he discovered the benefits of traditional foods.
- These foods were various forms of raw and cultured dairy, grass-fed meats, and wild-caught fish.
- By changing his diet to nutrient-dense traditional foods, he was able to regain his health.
Fifteen years later, Jordan Rubin has created a company called Beyond Organic, which focuses beyond the label of “organic.”
- Oftentimes, consumers read the label “organic” and automatically think that this means “healthy.”
- Much in the same way that “low-fat, high fiber” once meant “healthy.”
- Rubin goes beyond the marketing label of organic and has committed himself to creating food that is truly healing and nourishing to the body, as well as the environment.
- This means he takes all factors of health and production into account.
What Is the Four-Fold Difference?
What sets Beyond Organic apart from other dairy producers is their commitment to total health. Beyond Organic encompasses a vision that marks the beginning of a profound shift in the food industry.
Why? Beyond Organic dairy has what Rubin calls a “four-fold difference.”
- GreenFed™: Cattle are 100% GreenFed™ from start to finish. Cattle move from one pasture to another, rather than being centrally fed on grain. This means that year-round and throughout their lives, Beyond Organic dairy cattle eat a mixture of organic grasses, legumes, forbs, and herbs. This practice is also good for the environment:
- It is sustainable.
- It cuts down on pollution.
- It enriches the soil.
- True Whole Milk: This means that Beyond Organic milk is in no way skimmed or altered. Even standard whole milk is generally skimmed before sale. Beyond Organic dairy does nothing to alter the fat content of milk, which changes naturally with the seasons and from batch to batch.
- Low Temperature Processing: Because truly grass-fed dairy is full of omega-3 fatty acids, low temperature processing is critical in maintaining the integrity of these heat-sensitive fatty acids. With this method of processing, important enzymes naturally found in raw dairy are also left intact.
- To date, you can purchase a raw cheese that was heated 1 degree below pasteurization, and it will still be legally “raw.”
- Low temperature processing ensures that only low temperatures are used to produce Beyond Organic cheese and fermented dairy.
- Old World Processing Methods: Rubin has combined old world processing methods with modern technology. While more time consuming, using old world processing methods preserves the nutrient diversity, nutrient digestibility, and nutrient density naturally found in raw, GreenFed™ dairy.
True, Optimal Health Is Dependent on Many Variables
Health is not just about calorie counting, reducing sugar in the diet, or even taking a probiotic supplement. If you have at all struggled with your own health, you know that health is about mind, body, and spirit.
- Even the most conventional of medical practitioners will suggest that you find a way to manage stress if you have, for example, high blood pressure. Or they may give you a pill to lower stress.
- Either way, medicine long ago formally acknowledged the negative effects that stress can have on both body and mind.
- When we make food choices that are informed and guided by what our body truly requires to thrive, health follows effortlessly.
How to Bring Beyond Organic into Your Home
Rather than sell to large retailers, Beyond Organic sells to individuals. This puts the power of the food industry back into the hands of the consumer.
- Beyond Organic promotes the education of health, wellness, and real food value to everyone interested in learning about their own bodies and what their bodies need to flourish.
- Beyond Organic puts the power of sales into the hands of the consumer. This promotes the decentralization that small, community farms advocate. At the same time, because Beyond Organic is such a large-scale operation, it is literally revolutionizing future farming into a practice that is truly sustainable and truly nutritious.
- To learn more about how to bring Beyond Organic into your home, visit: www.beyondorganicinsider.com/becomeaninsider.aspx?enroller=43987
What to Remember Most About This Article:
Sadly, modern foods available to us today are often borderline toxic and can affect our health and quality of life for the worse. On top of that, not every healthy, organic food sold at a health food store is as organic as it claims to be. Many organic farms cut corners in order to supply their products to large health food chains.
This is precisely why Jordan Rubin created Beyond Organic to focus on quality foods beyond the label of "organic.” Beyond Organic foods commit to making a four-fold difference:
- True Whole Milk
- Low Temperature Processing
- Old World Processing Methods
Optimal health is not just about dieting to stay at a healthy weight. It is essential to nourish your mind, body, and spirit with safe foods that are truly Beyond Organic…
Want more articles like this?
Sign up to receive weekly articles. You'll also receive a 15% off coupon, weekly articles, and tips from Donna and her team.