How to Change Your Health Now: Introducing the Core Programs
If you have been on the Body Ecology Diet for any length of time, you may have found yourself “cheating” at one point or another.
In fact, the more systemic and deep Candida overgrowth is, the more likely you are to oscillate between being “on” the diet and “off”. Candida overgrowth actually generates a strong desire to eat sugary, carbohydrate-heavy foods. A shift in diet can last a few days to a few months. A true change in dietary habits, and the elimination of Candida overgrowth, can take as little as 6 months to several years.
However, persistently observing your own body and dietary choices, whether eating cultured foods or a conventional piece of cake, will lead you to making greater and greater strides toward your own health.
Eliminating Candida overgrowth and healing the gut is an on-going process.
Body Ecology has designed a series of three core programs. Each of them offer products that are supportive in making the shift to a diet that cleanses the body of systemic Candida overgrowth while rebuilding the elements that reinforce your body’s defenses.
Body Ecology Core Programs support your inner ecology with good bacteria to aid in digestion, boost your health with nourishing B vitamins, and even flush toxic heavy metals from your system!
The microbial communities within your gut, known as the microbiome, are pivotal in the overall health of your body.
Beneficial microbes have been found to:
- Help digest food.
- Generate certain vitamins like folate, biotin, and several B vitamins.
- Break down toxins like heavy metals.
- Speak to the T helper cells of our immune system and therefore play a role in regulating immune function and inflammation.
- Keep pathogenic overgrowth of other microorganisms in check.
All three of the Body Ecology Core Programs contain both a food and a beverage element that adds good bacteria to the gut. All three programs offer InnergyBiotic and Vitality SuperGreen. The Platinum Core Program also includes Super Spirulina Plus, which is a fermented protein source, 50% of which is Spirulina. Spirulina is a microalgae that is a powerhouse of nutrients, containing 18 amino acids – including the 8 essential amino acids that our bodies do not make.
Including fermented foods in the diet is essential to turning around Candida overgrowth and healing a permeable gut. Gut permeability, or sometimes called a leaky gut, assists in the proliferation of Candida and opens the gates for systemic inflammation. As we mentioned before, good bacteria create the immune system. A large mass of lymphoid tissue sits just beneath the intestines, so there is plenty of opportunity to either ignite or dampen an immune response.
Traditionally, fermented foods took days or weeks to make.
Research has shown that glutamine plays a very key role in rebuilding the gut mucosal layer.
If you have Candida overgrowth, a permeable intestinal tract or any inflammatory gut disorder, you want to consider adding glutamine to your diet. This is because glutamine:
- Is the preferred fuel and nitrogen source for the small intestine.
- Supports the regeneration and repair of the intestinal epithelia.
- Increases the number of cells in the small intestine, the number of villi on those cells, and the height of the villi. (1)(2)(3)
Vitality SuperGreen has GlutImmune, the most bioavailable and stable form of glutamine available. It delivers up to 10 times more glutamine into the bloodstream than L-glutamine.
Each of the Body Ecology Core Programs also contains one or more Body Ecology products that supplement enzyme production.
Enzymes break apart larger molecules, like food or even waste products and cellular debris, and unlock essential biochemical pathways and mechanisms in the body. Oftentimes, there is a strong correlation between a deficiency of enzymes and a compromised gut mucosal layer or Candida overgrowth. Enzyme deficiency can also contribute to an overgrowth of pathogenic microorganisms because food is more likely to sit in the digestive tract and ferment, leading to an inflammatory response and bloating.
- Assist SI: Focuses both on systemic clean-up when taken on an empty stomach and on enhancing the digestive power of the small intestine when taken with food.
- Assist Full Spectrum Enzymes: Supports the entire digestive tract, including brush border enzymes that enhance digestive function without causing irritation to the intestinal walls.
- Assist Dairy and Protein: Helps break down dairy, animal proteins, and vegan protein sources such as grains. Assist Dairy and Protein contains DPP IV, which plays an important role in the breakdown of gliadin (a protein found in wheat) and casein (a dairy protein). These proteins are often the source of intense inflammatory response. Research has shown that DPP IV supplementation leads to the rapid destruction of grain proteins and provides a great deal of relief to gluten-sensitive individuals. (4)(5)
Each Core Program package also contains stevia, a natural sweetener that is 300 times sweeter than sugar.
Stevia does not contribute to feeding pathogenic microorganisms and does not ignite an inflammatory response, as sugar does. Most people on the Body Ecology Diet find that stevia is a welcome companion to teas, fermented coconut water kefir, and other Body Ecology-friendly recipes that call for something sweet.
The Body Ecology Core Programs are about efficacy and results.
The Core Programs give your body a set of tools that are specifically designed by Donna Gates, who has spent years observing the patterns of fungal overgrowth, immune inflammatory response, and childhood neurological developmental disorders.
Donna Gates consistently remains on the cutting of the latest research in immune and gastrointestinal health. She has put each package together with the intention of maximizing the benefits of the Body Ecology Diet and accelerating the healing process.
What To Remember Most About This Article:
Body Ecology offers three different Core Programs to give your body the tools that it needs to boost your immune health and heal your digestive tract. Using these Core Programs to eliminate Candida overgrowth and restore digestive health is a long-term process.
Each Core Program offers different products to support the diet and cleanse the body of harmful Candida. These Core Programs will provide the body with beneficial bacteria to aid in digestion, offer helpful vitamins, purge toxins, boost immune health, regulate inflammation, and keep pathogenic microorganisms at bay. Each Body Ecology Core Program contains a food and beverage supplement that will give your body the good bacteria it needs to improve your quality of life!
- [product id=”108″]
- [product id=”109″]
- [product id=”164″]
- Gary E Wild, Laurie Drozdowski, Carmela Tartaglia, M Tom Clandinin, Alan BR Thomson. Nutritional modulation of the inflammatory response in inflammatory bowel disease- From the molecular to the integrative to the clinical. World J Gastroenterol 2007 January 7;13(1):1-7
- Van der Hulst, von Meyenfeldt, Deutz, Soeters, Brummer, von Kreel, Arends. Glutamine and the preservation of gut integrity. The Lancet, Volume 341, Issue 8857, Pages 1363-1365
- Detel, Dijana et al. Serum and Intestinal Dipeptidyl Peptidase IV (DPP IV/CD26) Activity in Children With Celiac Disease. Journal of Pediatric Gastroenterology & Nutrition: July 2007. Vol 45: 1. 65-70 DOI: 10.1097/MPG.0b013e318054b085
- Smith, MW et al. Abnormal expression of dipeptidylpeptidase IV activity in enterocyte brush-border membranes of children suffering from coeliac disease. July 1, 1990 Experimental Physiology, 75, 613-616.