7 New (and Natural) Secrets To Help Prevent Colds and Flu
Have you noticed that people around you are starting to get sick? It seems that cold and flu season has arrived in full force.
Considering that communicable diseases like colds and flu are highly contagious, your best bet is to prevent becoming infected in the first place.
But who wants to quarantine themselves at home this winter? And what can you do to minimize your risk?
Every year at this time, many people are strongly encouraged to get the flu vaccine. With big concerns over H1N1 (the Swine Flu) this year, the push for vaccines is stronger than ever. Some businesses have even forced mandatory vaccinations on their employees.
Not only are vaccines risky but many of the flu strains mutate, rendering the existing vaccines ineffective. Considering the pandemic scare of the H1N1 flu this year, the latest reports are indicate a shortage of the swine flu vaccine anyway.
Even if you do get sick this season, the severity and longevity of illness is highly dependent on the strength of your immune system and your body’s ability to fight off the invading virus. And if you DO choose to get the flu shot or swine flu shot, a strong immune system is a MUST to help prevent potentially serious side effects.
Low Immunity Sets the Stage for Sickness
Any illness, whether bacterial, fungal or viral, shows up in individuals who are “susceptible.”
Your immunity could be low for a number of reasons, including:
- Chronic stress
- Poor diet, especially from eating too much sugar
- Lack of sleep
- Buildup of toxins
- Acidic blood
Making healthy lifestyle choices during cold and flu season (and all year round) will help build defenses in your body.
But there are several additional and all-natural steps you can take to arm yourself against the super-contagious colds and flu.
Discover New Natural Ways to Help Prevent and Treat Colds and Flu
There are many steps you can take to support your immunity. Unfortunately, too many mainstream solutions involve the same old same old about over the counter drugs.
But more and more people, like you, are looking for all-natural tips for immunity and long-term good health. Here are 7 new natural ways to help prevent colds and flu….
Disinfect Naturally: Keep Hands and Surfaces Clean
One of the tips that doctors provide during cold and flu season is to keep your hands and surfaces free of germs.
While some may tout antibiotic hand gels, like Purell as the answer, they actually do more harm than good:
- Many common sanitizers like Purell have known toxic ingredients such as ethyl alcohol, which can endocrine disruption, allergies, immunotoxicity and skin, eye or lung irritations.1
- Anti-bacterial gels and soaps destroy the good, protective bacteria on your hands along with the bad guys.
- The strong alcohol doesn’t smell very good and dries out your skin!
Instead, just wash your hands!
Frequent, vigorous hand washing with hot water and non-toxic soap is the best way to go. Wash for at least one minute every two to three hours during flu season.
Stay conscious of eye-rubbing and other activities that transfer bacterial from your hands to your secretion glands.
Use All-Natural Tools For Boosting Your Immunity Internally
Good health comes from within. But with all the food and drug options available to us today, it can be difficult to know which products to choose, and which to avoid.
You don’t want lots of starchy, sugary comfort food in the winter…but WHY NOT!
- Eating sugar and starchy processed foods can suppress your immunity.
- Sugar and processed foods also deplete your life force and your energy, ensure that you age super fast and they create poor digestive health like constipation, gas and bloating.
Instead, consume fermented foods and drinks to help you reduce sugar cravings and improve your overall health.
- Start your day right with immunity-boosting probiotics. After you wake up, enjoy two to three ounces of a probiotic liquid such asInnergyBiotic or young coconut kefir, which you can make on your own using Body Ecology’s potent Kefir Starter.
- Incorporate fermented foods and drinks into your daily diet. Fermenting your own vegetables is far more effective than buying probiotic supplements or other mass-marked products that only claim to boost your immunity.
- Check out some simple cultured vegetable recipes that will populate your gut with healthy microflora and help build your immunity.
- Share the value of probiotics with your whole family. Studies show that students who use probiotics are less likely to get sick than their peers.
A Great Addition To Fermented Foods and Drinks: All Natural Essential Oils
If you do get sick, think twice before popping pills.
Why not just use antibiotics?
- Did you know that just one dose of antibiotics can threaten your long-term health? When you take antibiotics, you provide a prime environment for yeast to grow. It creates toxic waste products that weaken your body and poison your immune and endocrine systems.
- Unless you have an acute infection, antibiotics may not be your best first defense.
Instead, boost your use of fermented foods and drinks and on top of that, discover the healing properties of pure essential oils
Lorene Davies explained that pure, therapeutic grade essential oils are one of your greatest tools for health because:
- Therapeutic essential oils offer a safer, gentler and effective alternative to antibiotics.
- Because many essential oils have hundreds of compounds (compared to the two or three active ingredients in drugs), their complexity can help prevent “super germs” like the flu from becoming resistant.2
For both prevention and treatment of nasal congestion, add essential oils to your neti pot
- A neti pot is an ancient therapy that works by thinning your mucus to help flush it out of the nasal passage. Not only will it help with congestion and chronic sinusitis, but it will also help filter out dirt and germs. Staying well-hydrated will also help flush out illness.
- Add one or two drops of pure, essential oil to the lukewarm water in your neti pot. Tea tree oil and eucalyptus radiata are two great choices.
- Use your neti pot once a day to prevent illness, and more frequently if you are actively sick.
If you do notice signs of a cold or the flu, here’s your best defense:
- While most people are reaching for Tamiflu this season, you may want to consider your options. According to the Japanese Health Ministry, 54 people have died after taking Tamiflu.3
- Instead, consider using all natural Defense essential oil blend at the first sign of a cold or flu. This blend has been specifically formulated with essential oils that are known to boost immunity and/or are antibacterial and antiviral. Defense is also effective for recurring and chronic infectious conditions. Defense is most commonly used in a carrier oil (like almond or jojoba oil) on the soles of the feet. (It is not recommended for undiluted use on the skin.)
- For kids: Use Kids’ Wellness blend on soles of their feet. For kids under 2 years, use 1 drop; 2 years: 2 drops; ages 3-10: 3 drops. Repeat every hour up to 5 hours, then every 4 hours while awake. Children under 6 months: Instead of Kids’ Wellness, use 1 drop Ravensara.
Cut Through The Confusion: Learn Critical Immunity Boosting Tips
If you care about your immunity and the immunity of your family, you can learn the most critical steps for boosting your immunity in our upcoming teleseminar: Powerful Natural Secrets to Boost Your Immunity and Avoid the Flu.
In this eye-opening teleseminar, Donna Gates and Dr. Leonard Smith, M.D. will put an end to the confusion about the flu vaccine and the H1N1 vaccine. They will share amazing secrets that ensure a hardy and robust immune system — protecting yourself and your family — whether you choose to vaccinate or not.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- The pros and cons of getting a flu shot or swine flu vaccine.
- Tips on how to decide for yourself which path is best for you and your family.
- How to boost your immunity, whether you get the vaccines or not.
- Key indicators of whether your immunity is strong enough to make vaccines safe.
- How to be sure your vitamin levels are up to par, what to do if they are not, which supplements help prevent the flu and which ones are most effective if you should become infected with a virus.
- A protocol to help your whole family stay healthy this flu season and every season to come.
These all-natural tips can help support your immunity during cold and flu season or any time of year!
- Environmental Work Group
- Essential Oils and Infectious Diseases by Lorene Davies
- Walsh, Bryan. Dangers from the Bird Flu Drug? Time.com.