Three Easy Summer Salad Dressings for Weight Loss
Wondering how you can shed those unwanted pounds without sacrificing the flavor in your food? Try dressing your favorite salads with one of these delightful dressings. And remember to sign up for Body Ecology’s free weight loss training event: Expert Advice for Lasting Weight Loss. In this 3-day crash course, you will learn how to lose weight, keep it off, AND enjoy emotional freedom.
Summer is the perfect time to embrace your weight loss goals.This magnificent season of purification allows for old toxins to be released through your skin. It’s the time of year for deeper detoxification. Your body works hard to sweat out toxins during the warmer months, and the heat naturally curbs your appetite.
With all of the gorgeous green ingredients readily available to you this summer, you can stop counting calories now and start enjoying what you eat. But a salad is only as tasty as the dressing you put on it. These three quick and easy salad dressings will help trim your waistline without sacrificing flavor.
- 1 cup organic, unrefined oil
- ½ cup raw, organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. Celtic Sea Salt 1/8 tsp. white pepper
- ½ tsp. dry mustard
- 2 tsp. Italian-blend seasonings
- 1 clove minced garlic
- Combine all ingredients in a jar, cover tightly and shake vigorously.
- Adjust to taste.
- Chill and serve over your favorite salad.
Variation: Fresh lemon juice may be used in place of apple cider vinegar
Take a tea concentrate along with you this summer for even more help keeping trim.
Studies suggest that catechins (found in green and black tea) may boost metabolism, and help burn fat. That’s a dream come true!
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. raw, organic apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp. dried tarragon
- ¼ cup organic, unrefined oil
- 1 bunch finely chopped watercress
- Celtic sea salt and pepper to taste
Blend together the lemon juice, vinegar and tarragon in your Vitamix or high-speed blender.
Lemon Rosemary Garlic Dressing
- 1 cup raw, organic apple cider vinegar
- 1-½ cups water
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. minced garlic
- ½ tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. celery seed
- 6 tbsp. diced red pepper
- 1 tsp. dill weed
- 2 tbsp. dried dill weed
- 2 tbsp. fresh minced parsley
- 3 tsp. Celtic Sea Salt
- 2 tbsp. dried rosemary, crushed or 4 tbsp. fresh rosemary, crushed
- 1-2 tsp. avocado or coconut kefir cheese (to thicken)
- Blend your first 12 ingredients in your Vitamix or high-speed blender.
- Add your avocado or coconut kefir cheese and refrigerate .