Serves 4 people
- 1 Tbsp organic, unrefined coconut oil, ghee or butter
- 20-25 small carrots, chopped (or 15 large)
- 2 large onions, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2½ stalks celery, chopped
- 1 small red pepper, chopped
- Water or stock to cover
- 2½ tsp. Sea salt or Herbamare
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Ginger juice to taste*
- Saute carrots and onions in oil, ghee or butter.
- Add celery and red pepper and continue to saute
- Add water and sea salt
- Pressure cook 15 minutes or simmer until very soft.
- Add seasonings and enough water to create the right consistency for a sauce.
- Stir and simmer 10-15 minutes.
- Adjust seasonings.
- Variation: Add pinch of cumin, coriander, or cardamom to carrots as they saute
*To make ginger juice: grate ginger, pick up handful and squeeze the juice into small measuring cup.
This recipe was provided by AnnMarie Butera, a graduate of the Natural Gourmet Cookery School in Manhattan, who has received additional training in the Body Ecology Diet. Her offices are in West Chester, PA, and Cherry Hill, NJ. She works in conjunction with Andi Stevens, a Clinical Nutritionist in the Philadelphia area who specializes in helping to reestablish normal digestive function and a healthy inner ecology. She's an RN with a Master's of Science in Human Nutrition, and is board-certified as a Certified Nutrition Specialist. She offers one on one counseling, classes in Body Ecology, speaking engagements, and cooking classes. We are excited to say that you will be seeing more recipes from this talented duo.