Yield: 2 cups
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 1/8 teaspoon white stevia powder
- Place the cream in a large mixing bowl and beat with a whisk or an electric hand held mixer until it begins to thicken.
- Sprinkle the stevia over the cream and continue to beat until soft peaks form (do not overbeat).
- Use immediately or place in an airtight container and refrigerate up to 4 days.
Creamy Cranberry Ginger Sauce
- 8 oz fresh cranberries
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 2 cups water
- ¼ tsp. Body Ecology's stevia powder
- 2 Tbsp. raw cream (optional)
- 1 - 2 Tbsp. vanilla flavoring
- ½ cup pecans or walnuts soaked, coarsely chopped
- In small saucepan bring cranberries and ginger to boil.
- Cover and simmer till berries are slightly soft.
- Drain liquid (reserve and add stevia to liquid and use to flavor drinks like young coconut kefir or BE WholeGrain liquid).
- Add remaining ingredients then chill in the refrigerator.
Variation: To make "ambrosia" fold in fermented young coconut kefir "cheese."
Note: Cranberries are an acid fruit. They combine best with a protein fat. Milk kefir, coconut kefir "cheese", avocado, nuts and seeds are all examples of protein fats. This cranberry ginger sauce may also be eaten with a protein meal, but if your digestion is poor, try eating it alone on an empty stomach. See links in our Body Ecology website for sources of raw organic cream.