It’s perfectly natural for our bodies to crave something sweet. Just remember that if you’re healing from candida, many fruits are too sweet and only help feed pathogenic bacteria and yeast. So, stick to sour fruits, such as lemons, limes, unsweetened black currants, small amounts of Granny Smith apples, and cranberries, when making your favorite sugar free dessert recipe.
Are you looking for a way to enjoy the great taste of sweets without the harmful effects of sugar? Then try our new BE Sweet.
To support your body’s natural detoxification process, it’s also important to stay away from sugar and artificial sweeteners. But avoiding sugar and too-sweet sweeteners doesn’t mean you have to live a life without sweets.
Instead, replace them with a safe, all-natural sugar alternative, like Body Ecology’s new BE Sweet.
- 6 lg. egg yolks, room temperature
- 1/2 cup BE Sweet powder
- 1/2 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 cup water
- 1 heaping tbsp. agar flakes
- pinch of Celtic sea salt
- 1 tbsp. lemon rind, grated
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- In saucepan, combine eggs and BE Sweet powder, and beat together with electric beater. Do not heat yet.
- Beat lemon juice into egg mixture.
- In second saucepan, bring water to a boil, and add agar flakes and sea salt. Stir to dissolve, and let simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, but keep warm.
- Move saucepan with egg/lemon juice mixture to cooktop, and bring to a simmer over low heat. (Keep heat low so you don’t cook the eggs.)
- Stirring constantly, melt the butter slices into this mixture.
- When melted, remove from heat, and add lemon rind.
- Slowly pour in warm agar mixture, mixing well.
- Pour mixture into parfait glasses, and let cool in the refrigerator.
Before serving, top with our tasty, sugarless whipped cream — but only if your body is fine with dairy. Cream contains casein.
Note: This sugar free dessert recipe can be used as a filling to make a lemon meringue pie. For better food combining, we suggest using a soaked and raw nut crust and an egg white meringue.