Delicious Tart Lemony Parfait with Whipped Cream Recipe
Eating healthy is especially important in the summer, but that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy a warm weather sweet treat!
Summer is one of the ideal times of the year to detoxify and give your body a leg up on being healthy. Lots of outdoor exercise and hot temperatures means you’re doing plenty of sweating. And that’s a beautiful thing!
Sweating allows your skin – a major organ of detoxification – to release harmful toxins.
Toxins are everywhere, from pollution to pesticides, and it’s important to expel them from your body. To help boost your body’s ability to sweat out toxins, be sure to drink plenty of pure, filtered water from a safe source throughout your day.
After a summer hike or bike ride, you’ll be ready to replenish your body with nutrients.
If you’re craving something thirst quenching, there’s nothing better than a vegetable smoothie. With a little creativity and experimenting, the opportunities for ingredients are endless. How about a cucumber and basil blended smoothie with coconut oil?
Of course, fruit smoothies are delicious, too . Just remember that if you’re healing from candida, many fruits are too sweet and feed pathogenic bacteria and yeast. So stick to sour fruits such as lemons, limes, unsweetened black currants, small amounts of Granny Smith (green) apples, cranberries, pomegranate, noni and acai.
While you’re detoxing, it’s important to stay away from sugar and artificial sweeteners. But avoiding sugar and too-sweet sweeteners does not mean you have to live a life without sweets!
Lakanto, the newest safe, delicious sweetener discovered by Body Ecology founder Donna Gates is a big hit because it is zero calories, zero glycemic index and it tastes and bakes just like sugar!
Are you looking for a way to enjoy the great taste of sweets without the dangers of sugar? Body Ecology founder Donna Gates searched the world over for healthy natural sweeteners that taste great and do not feed candida. Try our popular favorite, Stevia Concentrate or our new best-seller, Lakanto. Both are zero calories, do not feed candida and are safe for diabetics. And even better, both Stevia and Lakanto taste delicious! Satisfy your sweet tooth healthfully with Stevia and Lakanto.
In fact, the Japanese Ministry of Health recommends Lakanto for weight loss and blood sugar issues like diabetes. So go ahead and try Lakanto and rest assured that you can still meet your summer detoxification goals.
Donna Gates is always experimenting with delicious, healthy recipes for the whole family – that will satisfy your sweet tooth without feeding candida. Here’s one that she recently created and has already received rave reviews from dinner guests and picnic goers.
This sweet, satisfying, healthy recipe will even taste delicious as a sweet-tooth satisfier after a sweaty workout. This tart lemony parfait is both creamy and refreshing.
Tart Lemony Parfait with Whipped Cream
- 6 large egg yolks, room temperature
- 1/2 cup of Lakanto that has already been finely ground in a nut grinder or VitaMix
- 1/2 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 cup water
- 1 heaping Tbsp agar flakes
- pinch of sea salt
- 6 – 8 drops of Body Ecology’s liquid Stevia Concentrate
- 1 Tbsp grated lemon rind
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- In saucepan combine eggs and Lakanto and beat together with electric beater. DO NOT HEAT YET
- Beat lemon juice into egg/Lakanto mixture.
- In second saucepan bring water to a boil and add agar flakes and sea salt. Stir to dissolve and let simmer for ten minutes. Remove from heat but keep warm.
- Move saucepan with egg/Lakanto/lemon juice mixture to cook top and bring to a simmer over low heat. (Keep heat low so you do not cook the eggs)
- Stirring constantly melt the butter slices into this mixture
- When melted, remove from heat and add lemon rind and stevia liquid concentrate.
- Slowly pour warm agar mixture into egg/Lakanto/lemon juice/lemon rind/stevia mixing well.
- Pour mixture into parfait glasses and let cool in refrigerator.
Before serving top with Lakanto or stevia-sweetened whipped cream…but only if your body is fine with dairy. Cream has casein.
NOTE: This recipe can be used as a filling to make a lemon meringue pie. For better food combining we suggest a soaked and raw nut crust for the crust and an egg white meringue.