Hot Breakfast Porridge Recipe
Whatever the weather is where you live, we know you’ll enjoy this delicious hot breakfast porridge. The stevia and vanilla flavoring make it taste more like a dessert, but it’s a very healthful way to start your day (especially if you add the flax seed oil).
Ingredients : makes 2 large bowls or 4 smaller servings
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa flakes
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 12 drops stevia liquid concentrate
- 1 Tbs. butter or coconut oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla flavoring
- 1 tsp. flax seed oil (optional but very healthy)
- Bring water to boil in a 1-quart saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add next five ingredients. Cover and reduce heat to very low. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly before adding vanilla flavoring and flax seed oil.