Have you ever wanted to try your hand at making ice cream, but didn’t think you had the time? You’re in luck. You can make your own ice cream from fermented coconut meat and have it for dessert or even as a tangy, sweet addition to your smoothie. It’s delicious and takes mere minutes to make — and much less time to eat. So, you may want to consider doubling the recipe.
Have a hankering for something sweet? No need to deny yourself.
Key lime ice cream makes an excellent, refreshing dessert, especially when made with a safe, clean-tasting sugar alternative like BE Sweet. If you want to get really creative, try mixing a scoop into your morning smoothie.
Recipe by Gina Laverde
- 4-5 cups coconut kefir cheese
- juice of 3 limes
- 1/2 cup BE Sweet powder
- 1/8 tsp. pure vanilla extract or vanilla bean
- pinch Celtic sea salt
- In a Vitamix or food processor, combine coconut kefir cheese and lime juice, and blend for about one minute.
- Add BE Sweet powder, sea salt, and vanilla, and blend for another 30 seconds.
- Taste and add more BE Sweet, if needed.
- Pour into a freezer-safe container or ice cream maker.
- Freeze until you’re ready to enjoy.
What’s BE Sweet? It’s our special combination of allulose, monk fruit, and stevia, designed to be used as a safe, smooth, natural sugar alternative with zero aftertaste. BE Sweet powder is ideal to substitute as a one-to-one sugar swap when baking. It’s plant-based and diabetic-safe.
Note: If you don’t have an ice cream maker, you’ll want to blend the key lime ice cream once more before you eat it to get the creamiest consistency. And if this recipe hits the spot, we think you’ll love our tart lemony parfait, also made with all-natural BE Sweet.