Herbed Almond Flatbread
This almond flatbread is topped with a cashew cheese and roasted vegetables for a full meal.
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/4 tsp Celtic Sea Salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp ghee*
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Place chia in a bowl and cover with 3 tbsp warm water. Allow it to sit for 15 minutes until the chia releases its gel.
- Beat almond flour, salt, garlic, herbs and ghee together until it forms a coarse dough. Beat in soaked chia and apple cider vinegar. Form the dough into 4 balls.
- Roll out the dough between 2 sheets of parchment paper until about 1/8 inch thick. Note that the dough is very fragile and can tear easily, so handle it with care.
- Gently lift the top piece of parchment paper off, then place the flatbreads onto a baking sheet or baking stone and bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Allow the flatbreads to cool completely, then top with cashew cheese and roasted vegetables.
*Dairy-free? Substitute coconut oil.