This is one not-so-guilty pleasure that will soon become your go-to favorite. Unlike your average meat- and cheese-stuffed zucchini boats, our version contains two gluten-free, protein-rich Body Ecology grain-like seeds.
Stop worrying about how much protein you’re digesting. Body Ecology’s Probiotic Protein Shake is predigested, containing potent probiotics and a whopping 15 grams of plant protein.
As a note: It’s always recommended that you soak all grains and grain-like seeds in water for 8 to 24 hours. A weak digestive tract that lacks an inner ecosystem will not be able to break down the phytic acid found in all grains, beans, nuts, and seeds. Soaking removes this enzyme inhibitor.
- 4-6 med. zucchini
- 1 med. onion, chopped
- 1 med. red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups millet, cooked
- ¼ cup amaranth, cooked
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ cup water
- 2-3 tbsp. coconut oil or ghee
- 1 tsp. Celtic sea salt
1. Prepare zucchini, cut off ends, and cook whole in boiling water for approximately five to seven minutes.
2. Remove from water, and cut zucchini in half, lengthwise. With the tip of a spoon, carefully remove seeds (discard if you don’t like to use the seeds), and then spoon out some of the softened zucchini. Set aside.
3. Heat oil in pan, and stir-fry onion, pepper, and garlic. When onion and pepper are half softened, add millet, amaranth, and salt to skillet with approximately 1/4 cup water. Add water a little bit at a time to help determine the consistency you prefer. Add softened zucchini, mix all components together, and remove from heat.
4. Spoon mixture into zucchini boats, and place in baking dish. Bake uncovered at 350°F for approximately 15 to 20 minutes or until brown on top. Enjoy.
An especially great time to prepare this recipe is in season: when you start seeing zucchini and squash arrive at the grocery store, the farmer’s market, and in the garden. Making this simple recipe is an easy way to enjoy these seasonal gems. Serve up your zucchini boats with another farm-fresh side, like our creamy dilled cauliflower soup.