Stuffed Zucchini Boats Recipe
This is one not-so-guilty pleasure that will soon become your fall recipe favorite!
Zucchini and squash have arrived! At the grocery store, at the farmer’s market, in the garden – there is squash a plenty! Here is an easy way to enjoy these delicious seasonal gems.
- 4-6 medium zucchini
- 2 C millet, cooked
- ¼ C amaranth, cooked
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ C water
- 2-3 Tbsp. coconut oil or ghee
- 1 tsp. Celtic Sea Salt
- Prepare zucchini, cut off ends, and cook whole in boiling water for approx 5-7 min.
- Remove from water, and cut zucchini in half, lengthwise. With tip of spoon, carefully remove seeds (discard if you don’t like to use the seeds), and then spoon out some of the softened zucchini. Set aside.
- Heat oil in pan, and stir-fry onion, pepper, and garlic. When onion and pepper are half softened, add millet, amaranth, and salt to skillet with approx 1/4 cup water. Add water a little bit at a time to help determine the consistency you prefer. Add softened zucchini, mix all components together, and remove from heat.
- Spoon mixture into zucchini boats, and place in baking dish. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees approximately 15-20 minutes or until brown on top.
- Enjoy this delightful seasonal favorite!