Creamy Dilled Cauliflower Soup Recipe
- 1 Tbsp. organic, unrefined coconut oil, ghee or butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 – 6 cloves garlic, chopped (or to taste)
- 1 large head (or two small heads) cauliflower, cut into chunks
- Handful of florets separated from the head of cauliflower
- 6 Tbsp. fresh dill or 2 Tbsp. dried
- 4 – 6 cups water
- Sea salt or Herbamare to taste
- In a stockpot, melt oil, then add dill if using dried.
- Add onion, sautéing until translucent.
- Add garlic and sauté a few minutes, being careful not to overcook garlic.
- Add cauliflower chunks (and fresh dill if using) and enough water to cover.
- Simmer until tender.
- Purée in blender and then return to stockpot.
- Add approximately 4 cups water depending on desired thickness of soup (thicker and creamier is usually preferred)
- Add sea salt or Herbamare to taste, and florets.
- Simmer until florets are tender. Adjust seasonings and serve.
- Add 1 tsp. Desert Spice from Nile Spice Foods, Inc.
- After blending, add sliced shitake mushroom and cook about ten minutes more.