How much thought do you give to the power you hold in your kitchen? When you prepare a nourishing and flavorful dish, like this creamy, healthy cauliflower soup made with fresh dill, your gut will respond in kind. Appetizing, gut-friendly recipes like this are where good food and good nutrition meet.
Round out a light meal of veggie soup with a predigested probiotic plant protein: Body Ecology’s Probiotic Protein Shake contains a potent combination of pea/rice protein to provide a complete amino acid profile. Just shake and go.
Creamy dilled cauliflower soup ingredients:
- 1 tbsp. organic, unrefined coconut oil, ghee, or butter
- 1 lg. onion, chopped
- 4-6 cloves garlic, chopped (or to taste)
- 1 lg. head (or 2 small heads) cauliflower, cut into chunks
- handful of florets separated from the head of cauliflower
- 6 tbsp. fresh dill (or 2 tbsp. dried)
- 4-6 cups water
- Celtic sea salt or Herbamare to taste
1. In a stockpot, melt the oil, then add dill if using dried.
2. Add onion, sautéing until translucent.
3. Add garlic and sauté for a few minutes, being careful not to overcook the garlic.
4. Add cauliflower chunks (and fresh dill if using) and enough water to cover.
5. Simmer until tender.
6. Purée in a blender and then return to stockpot.
7. Add approximately 4 cups of water, depending on the desired thickness of soup (thicker and creamier is usually preferred).
8. Add Celtic sea salt or Herbamare to taste and florets.
9. Simmer until florets are tender. Adjust seasonings and serve.
Variation: After blending, add sliced shitake mushroom and cook about 10 minutes more.
Serve this healthy cauliflower soup by itself or enjoy it as part of a larger dinner. Pair it with our delicious slow-roasted chicken breasts, which go from oven to table in 35 minutes.