How Candida Creates Toxicity and Turns Sugar into a Drug
Becoming aware of how the food you eat impacts your health can strengthen your immune system and prevent such issues as fatigue, autoimmune conditions, systemic inflammation, and even a nutritional deficiency!
Let’s face it, the more you know about your own body, the more empowered you are.
As a consumer of food, pharmaceutical or botanical medications, treatment therapy, and dietary supplements, you have some choices to make. When making those choices, it is useful to have a basic understanding of what is happening in your own body.
There are many primary healthcare providers who do not yet understand how central diet is to health. You may even need to introduce the diet that you are on to your doctor, explaining the differences that you feel in your own body while on the Body Ecology Diet. Whether you have an autoimmune condition, frequent colds, general lethargy and brain fog, joint pain, or a skin condition, something led you to explore the connection between food and your body.
In his book, Biological Treatment for Autism and PDD, Dr. William Shaw explains how systemic yeast infection actually produces a toxin called gliotoxins.1
- Gliotoxins poison the immune system by fragmenting the DNA of macrophages and T-lymphocytes. These white blood cells are very important elements involved in immune response.
- Gliotoxins inactivate the sulfhydryl (thiol) group of proteins, which are necessary to support a wide variety of enzymes.
- Gliotoxins generate free radicals.
Glutathione (GSH) is the main intracellular thiol antioxidant.
Therefore, it protects sulfhydryl group proteins and also protects the body against free radical damage. Not only that, glutathione also has been implicated in the TH1/TH2 cytokine response pattern.2, 3 This means that pro-GSH molecules represent new therapeutic agents that support immune modulation.
Glutathione plays many protective roles in the body:
- Alleviates some of the effects of gliotoxin poisoning.
- Is one of the most powerful antioxidants in the body.
- Modulates immune system (TH1 / TH2) and inflammatory response (involves TH17).
- Assists in detoxifying the body of heavy metals, especially mercury.
- Candida |
- Candida Symptoms and Risk Factors |
- Reduce Your Risk of Candida Infection |
- Nutrition & Candida |
- Candida Solutions |
- Candida Treatments |
- Sugar & Toxicity