Some Startling Discoveries About the Swine Flu and Immunity
Worried about swine flu? Or any flu for that matter? While the swine flu does not seem to be the pandemic some people suspected, we’d like to switch the focus to your immunity. Here’s what you need to know to boost your immunity for a lifetime of good health!
Worried about swine flu?
Seems like the scare of a pandemic is not panning out. But there’s something we can learn about the swine flu scare and any virus scare in general.
First of all, most of the solutions given for swine flu protection were common sense, like washing your hands.
But in some cases, the “hand washing” tip went too far. We recently visited some hotels and noticed that they had Purell scattered throughout the lobby, as a way to help people “wash their hands.”
For those of you who don’t know about Purell, it’s a hand “sanitizer” which uses ethyl alcohol as the main active ingredient to kill germs. To use Purell or products like it, you rub it into your hands like lotion and it is supposed to protect you with its germ-killing power.
While Purell does not claim that it helps prevent swine flu, it does suggest that it’s good to use when you are on the go.
Here’s why: The ingredients in Purell are harmful enough to show up as a 7 out of 10 in terms of toxicity, according to the Environmental Working Group.
In fact, the Environmental Work Group reports the ingredients in Purell may be potential causes for: endocrine disruption, allergies, immunotoxicity and skin, eye or lung irritations.
Many of these ingredients, found in Purell, are known toxins:
- Active ingredient: Ethyl Alcohol 62%
- Other ingredients: Isopropyl Alcohol, Carbomer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Isopropyl Myristate and Fragrance.
While washing your hands is helpful, consider using a non-toxic soap and water. You can even carry your own convenient travel size that will fit in a small baggie and can be carried on airplanes for travel.
But good health is not just about washing your hands. So let’s put the swine flu aside and talk instead about how to build strong immunity, so you can feel empowered to create good health for the long-term!
The Importance of Building Your Immunity
Any illness, whether bacterial, fungal or viral, shows up in individuals who are “susceptible.”
What does it mean to be susceptible to illness? Simply that your immunity is low. There are many reasons your immunity could be low.
Here are some of them:
- Chronic stress
- Poor diet
- Lack of sleep
- Acidic blood
- Poor digestive health
- Buildup of toxins
- Blocked detoxification pathways
- Eating too much sugar
When your immunity is low, it’s more difficult for your body to fight off a virus, like the cold or flu. In fact, low immunity sets the stage for illness and dis-ease.
Body Ecology teaches that there are four Steps to boosting your immunity
- Create energy – you must have energy to heal. Unfortunately, in our 24/7 society, we’ve lost our connection to creating natural energy and instead, we look for stimulants to give us a boost.
Do you suffer from exhaustion or chronic fatigue? Are you drinking coffee or energy drinks? Do you need several of them to make it through the day? If so, your body needs energy.
To boost your energy naturally, here are some very important tips:
- Consume fermented foods and drinks – Whether you make your own cultured vegetables or use convenient probiotic liquids, like InnergyBiotic, fermented foods and drinks are the REAL energy drinks. Fermented foods and drinks give you a true energy boost that nourishes your body AND provides you with healthy microflora (probiotics) to clean up your body and help keep your immunity strong.
- Consume more vegetables and sea vegetables.
- Reduce or better yet, eliminate sugar and use alternatives like Stevia and Lakanto.
- Commit to getting more sleep.
- Reduce stress.
- Correct digestion – Too many people today suffer from symptoms of poor digestion, like gas, bloating, constipation, diarrhea, abdominal pain and acid reflux. The Body Ecology diet is an excellent program for healing your digestive tract. Following principles like food combining and the principle of 80/20 help your digestive system heal.
If you are like most people and need a little more support, digestive enzymes can help your digest and feel better after meals.
- Conquer infection – Whether you have bacterial, viral or fungal infections (like candida), it’s important to address them. The good news is that changing the way you eat can help you conquer infection. In fact, the Body Ecology diet is anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-viral. As you learn to follow the seven Body Ecology principles, you will be helping your body conquer infection.
- Cleanse – Cleansing or detoxification is another very important principle that is often overlooked in today’s society. However, we are starting to see more and more people with an interest in learning how to detoxify.
Unfortunately, there are too many people going about detoxification the wrong way or using products that end up breaking your body down, rather than strengthening it.
Empower yourself with your best health! Give yourself the gift of good health with Body Ecology’s Detoxification training. We may live in a toxic world, but the good news is that with a few tips on the RIGHT way to detoxify, you can look and feel your best now and for the long-term. In fact, detoxification may be one of the most critical skills you can have in this day and age. Find out how you can learn the best ways to detoxify from Donna Gates and her team of top medical and natural health experts. It’s not too late! You can still enjoy this training from the comfort of your own home. Learn more about this exclusive Detox training (including how to bring 2 friends FREE) and register today.
If you have symptoms like acne, yeast infections (candida), fatigue, joint stiffness or pain, eczema, psoriasis, headaches, fuzzy thinking, mucous discharge, constipation, diarrhea, vision changes, vitiligo, rashes and other health issues that seem to persist, chances are, you have a buildup of toxins. If your detoxification pathways are not open, you run the risk of a congested liver and further illness.
Detoxification is KEY to looking and feeling your best.
The Body Ecology program is a wonderful detoxification diet and other practices like colon cleansing and rebounding can also help. However, there is an art and science to detox and we could all benefit from learning how to do it right. If you are interested in learning how to detoxify from Donna Gates and her team of top medical and natural health experts, you can register for Body Ecology’s Detoxification Training! In this class that you can take from the comfort of your own home, you will learn the right way to detoxify to boost your immunity and create long-term health.
Instead of living in fear about illness and disease, wouldn’t you rather empower yourself with strong immunity and good health?
While each of these steps mean a shift in your habits, you can take them slowly – step by step – so that over time, you reap the rewards of your best health.
 Purell Hand Sanitizer.