6 Warning Signs Your Body Needs to Detox
Don’t get comfortable with not feeling well. Everyday stress is one contributor to poor health. But there’s a bright side. You can feel so much better after you detoxify your body properly. Our no fail, step-by-step system of healing nurtures your personal needs.
Go slowly, enjoy lasting results, and finally find relief.
“I’ve been taking LivAmend for about three years and still love it. It helps to keep my bile flow clear and also aids elimination and also helps my digestion!” Taking LivAmend daily can increase bile flow, optimize liver health, and support a natural detox.
6 Signs You Need to Detox
When it comes to toxins in your environment, ignorance is not bliss. Dangerous environmental pollutants may include PCBs that can increase cancer risk and hinder a baby’s brain development; pesticides linked to cancer, birth defects, and Parkinson’s disease; endocrine-disrupting phthalates found in personal care products; toxic heavy metals likely to accumulate in the soft tissue of the body; and much more.
Researchers confirmed what we already suspected: Harmful environmental substances, including cigarette smoke and benzene, can age you prematurely.1 For the younger, developing population, this risk is even bigger. Doctors have been encouraged to counsel pregnant women to be very careful of the damaging toxins in the food they eat.2 In his 2012 paper published by the National Institutes of Health, Dr. David Bellinger estimated that a whopping 16.9 million IQ points in children had been lost because of common agricultural pesticide exposure.3
The good news is — your body cleanses on a daily basis.
It is Nature’s gift to you that keeps illness away, gives you energy, and allows you to think clearly. But too many people are getting used to feeling “not so well.” Too many people live with the painful effects of a toxic system and remain unbalanced in their thinking, emotions, and physical health. You certainly don’t have to be one of them.
Watch out for the detox warning signs your body is giving you:
1. Adrenal Fatigue: If you are exhausted, having trouble losing weight, finding it hard to focus, or even experiencing problems in the bedroom, adrenal fatigue could be the culprit. The adrenal glands interact closely with the thyroid, liver, digestive system, brain function, and reproductive systems. When the liver and other vital cleansing organs are hindered from performing their tasks due to toxins, adrenal fatigue often results.
2. Cravings: It seems like everyone has cravings these days. There are emotional triggers to this, but physical cravings can come from an abundance of highly processed and concentrated foods that artificially stimulate dopamine (the pleasure neurotransmitter), which plays a role in addiction. So, you will “feel good” and naturally want more of the food that is making you feel good.4 Adding in fermented foods can help teach your body to crave what makes you feel well. Cravings really do disappear once you detoxify.
3. Depression, anxiety, and even some eating disorders have been linked to an abundance of certain toxic substances. A build-up of harmful chemicals can block the absorption and release of beneficial chemicals, leading to an imbalance that can have negative physical, psychological, and emotional effects.
4. Food Allergies: Food allergies are often a sign that you don’t have the proper beneficial bacteria and yeast to absorb and assimilate the nutrients from your food. This occurs when toxins like Candida yeast proliferate and cause a leaky gut. Over time, you can recover from many food allergies or sensitivities by detoxifying your body and restoring that microflora with a balanced probiotic-rich diet, like The Body Ecology Diet.
5. Heart Disease: The accumulation of toxins in the body allows for increased risk of heart disease. A diet lacking in living and fermented foods can lead to malabsorption of nutrients. As a result, a domino effect of nutritional deficiencies, high cholesterol, heart attack, or even stroke can occur.
Purifying the body of harmful substances is one significant way to lower the risk of heart disease.
6. Mental/Emotional Instability: The hazards of allowing dangerous chemicals into the body are not limited to the physical being. Mental and emotional disorders can be caused by a toxic system, and, much like food allergies, may be corrected.
Detoxification Is Simple If You Take It Step-by-Step
If you find your symptoms among these listed, fear not! Detoxification can be simple.
You can begin today by making small changes to your diet:
- Check out the Body Ecology 7 Principles. These ancient principles for wellness are your best map to your healthiest self.
- Begin by adding some delicious fermented foods to your daily routine. Also, incorporate healthy green smoothies, switch to cleaner eating, and practice proper food combining. All of these are steps that will help you detoxify.
- The Principle of Step-by-Step is a reminder that you needn’t focus on speed, just get yourself on the right path and keep moving forward!
What To Remember Most About This Article:
Toxins are everywhere. But the answer isn’t to get used to feeling less than your best. You can relieve the toxic load you are exposed to each day by supporting your body as it gently cleanses. Step-by-step detoxification the Body Ecology way can provide long-lasting relief.
Bookmark these six warning signs that indicate your body is in toxic overload:
- Adrenal Fatigue: Adrenal fatigue can occur when the liver and other cleansing organs are bogged down by toxins, causing exhaustion, inability to focus, and difficulty losing weight.
- Cravings: Physical cravings often come from an excess of processed and concentrated foods, which stimulate dopamine — a pleasure neurotransmitter that plays a role in addiction. Fermented foods can reset cravings and help your body detoxify.
- Depression: Depression, anxiety, and even some eating disorders have been linked to an overload of certain toxins in the body. Harmful chemical buildup can block the absorption and release of beneficial chemicals to create an imbalance.
- Food Allergies: Food allergies may be a sign your gut doesn’t have enough friendly bacteria to break down and use nutrients in food. Healing probiotics can support overall detox, as well as food allergy/sensitivity recovery.
- Heart Disease: Accumulated toxins in the body can increase the risk of heart disease. A diet lacking in fermented foods may cause nutritional deficiencies that lead to high cholesterol, heart attack, and even stroke.
- Mental/Emotional Instability: Dangerous outside chemicals can directly affect mental and emotional health; these effects may be reversed by detoxifying the body.
- Jessica A. Sorrentino, Hanna K. Sanoff, Norman E. Sharpless. Defining the toxicology of aging. Trends in Molecular Medicine, 2014; DOI: 10.1016/j.molmed.2014.04.004
- University of California, Riverside. “Diets of pregnant women contain harmful, hidden toxins.” https://ucrtoday.ucr.edu/16751
- Bellinger, David C. A Strategy for Comparing the Contributions of Environmental Chemicals and Other Risk Factors to Neurodevelopment of Children. Environ Health Perspect; 1 April 2012. https://doi.org/10.1289/ehp.1104170
- Goldhammer, Alan, D.C., Dietary Addictions: Why eating healthfully is so difficult. National Health Association.