How to Make Your Gut Most Inviting to Healthy Probiotics
If you’re trying to build the population of fat-fighting, immune-enhancing good bacteria in your gut, you need to know about prebiotics.
EcoBloom is food for the good bacteria in your gut. Help your microflora do their job
by adding EcoBloom to fermented foods and drinks, salad dressings and more!
Prebiotics Help Probiotics
Prebiotics are simply food for the probiotics (good bacteria) in your gut. Probiotics (or microflora) live in your intestinal tract and help you digest food, assimilate more nutrients, and fight the growth of bad bacteria and infections.
Prebiotics feed the probiotics. By providing the good bacteria and yeast with plenty of food to dine upon, pre-biotics allow the pro-biotics to multiply more rapidly.
Fermented foods and liquids provide an excellent way to add probiotics to your digestive tract. If you also include prebiotics as a part of your healthy diet, you can make your gut more attractive to the disease-fighting probiotics, encouraging them to flourish inside you as they help make you healthier and happier.
Here are some ways to incorporate prebiotics into your diet:
- Green foods with algae. Good bacteria feast on the chlorophyll in algae. Try Body Ecology’sVitality SuperGreen, with fermented algae. (You get prebiotics and probiotics!)
- Body Ecology grains like millet, amaranth, quinoa, and buckwheat Flour break down into food for the microflora in your gut without feeding candida (yeast) and other pathogens.
- All fruits provide natural sugars for the microflora. The very sour fruits we recommend on The Body Ecology Diet do not feed Candida, and include cranberries, lemons, limes, and black currant juice.
- Sweet Tasting vegetables like baked sweet potatoes, beets, yams and parsnips also feed sugar to the good bacteria and yeast but they also feed pathogenic yeast and parasites. On stage one of the BED we do not eat these very sweet veggies.
EcoBloom: The Prebiotic Superstar
One of the easiest and most versatile ways to add prebiotics to your diet is by using EcoBloom. EcoBloom is 100% natural powder chicory extract FrutaFit, Inulin (often called FOS). FOS is fructooligosaccharides, which serves as food for beneficial microflora.
In Europe, FOS is added to everything from mashed potatoes to baked goods. At Body Ecology, we add EcoBloom to everything from fermented foods to beverages and salad dressings.
Take a look at all the benefits attributed to FOS as it helps promote the growth of the beneficial microflora that live inside you. You’ll soon see why EcoBloom can be a great asset.
EcoBloom FOS may be just the prebiotic you need if you:
- Experience constipation
- Have finished taking a course of antibiotics
- Have a history of poor eating habits
- Visit foreign countries where “travelers’ diarrhea is a risk
- Are under constant stress
- Would like to aid your digestion and improve absorption of calcium
- Want to discourage swings in blood sugar
- Want to improve your liver function
- Would like to improve your cardiovascular health
- Need to boost immunity, especially in long-term care facilities or hospitals, where there is increased risk of bacterial infection
EcoBloom makes a great addition to your kitchen because it is so versatile and so beneficial.
· Add EcoBloom to your fermented foods instead of sugar, to make them even more potent.
· Sprinkle EcoBloom into salad dressings, sauces or gravy to improve the texture and add a silky ‘mouthfeel.’
· Mix your EcoBloom with any hot or cold beverage to add body and healthy benefits.
You need food for your body, but your body and your intestines need food for the immune-boosting bacteria. So feed your beneficial bacteria with plenty of pre-biotics like FOS EcoBloom. Your pro-biotics will never go hungry again!