Macular Degeneration: What It Is, and the Body Ecology Guide to Preventing It
Are you too young to wear eyeglasses? If you want to prevent age related macular degeneration, then Body Ecology can help. Nutrition plays a key role in macular degeneration treatment. Read on to learn more!
Do you expect to wear glasses as you get older? Do you have trouble reading the fine print?
Vision loss is not a rite of passage with each passing year, and you don’t have to succumb to it. With proper nutrition and supplementation, you can prevent and stop vision loss and macular degeneration right in their tracks!
Macular degeneration is one of the most common causes of blindness among elderly Americans. While the symptoms can arrive slowly over time, some people experience a quick onset of vision loss.
Do you experience any of these symptoms?1
- Straight lines look wavy
- Distinct shapes are blurry
- Colors look dim
- Words appear blurred or difficult to read
- Dark or blank areas block the center of your vision
- There appears to be a fog in the center of your vision
If so, then you may be experiencing the first signs of macular degeneration.
Macular degeneration, also known as age related macular degeneration (AMD or ARMD), occurs when the inner lining of your eye thins, atrophies or even bleeds. It doesn’t hurt, but the result is loss of your central vision. You may have difficulty reading, seeing small details, or recognizing faces.
Current macular degeneration treatments range from injectible drugs to laser treatments.
But the Mayo Clinic reports that nutritional therapy is an effective way to prevent and slow down macular degeneration.
Here are some macular degeneration treatment and prevention ideas:2
- Eat your antioxidants! Research has found that vitamins A, C and E from your food are an effective way to slow down macular degeneration.
- Add zinc to your diet. Doctors found that zinc, combined with antioxidants, further prevents age related macular degeneration and promotes immune system health.
Read more about the importance of zinc in your diet in Zinc Deficiency: Common Symptoms of this Far-Too-Common Disorder & How Spirulina Can Help You Overcome It.
- Omega-3 fatty acids are a must! Fish oil supplements are a universally agreed upon macular degeneration treatment. Full of omega-3 fatty acids, fish oil supplements have a protective effect on the eye and may be similar to fatty acids found in the retina.
The benefits of fish oil are real, including stronger bones, reduced risk for cancer, and heart health.
Keep Your Colon and Your Liver Clean
In Chinese Medicine it has been known for thousands of years that the health of the liver affects vision. But it is important to realize that the health of your colon affects the health of the liver. So it is pretty much common sense that our eyes benefit greatly when the colon is kept clean.
A microflora-rich diet is essential for a clean healthy colon.
Colon therapy (professional colonics and home enemas with implants) are also a must.
Don’t let the advancing years scare you. Aging does not have to mean that you gradually lose your eyesight. With a probiotic diet, and colon cleansing (ideally followed by an implant) you can avoid those eyeglasses for many more years.
If you already have age related macular degeneration, then try the Body Ecology approach to health and healing and see how nutrition really can change the way you look at your life!
- From NaturalEyeCare.com
- “Macular Degeneration,” MedLinePlus.
- Study: Fish Oil, NaturalEyeCare.com, 2000. http://www.naturaleyecare.com/study.asp?s_num=94
“Prevention of Macular Degeneration,” MayoClinic.org. http://www.mayoclinic.org/macular-degeneration/prevention.html