LISTEN: Dr. Mindy Pelz Talks About Fasting For Women In “Fast Like A Girl”
“Whether or not you believe it, we are hormonally designed to reproduce, in every shape and form” The Healing Power of Fasting with Dr Mindy Pelz
Donna is joined by author and functional health expert, Dr Mindy Pelz, in this episode all about the benefits of Time Restricted Eating, Donna and Mindy talk about the unique benefits of fasting for women (men will learn much from this interview too!). Women should not be fasting like men! Their changing hormones throughout the month dictate this. The way a woman fasts can help her body heal, but fasting at the wrong time and in the wrong way can even be harmful. If you are not fasting now, this interview will leave no doubt in your mind that you should be…but do it right.
Men, this interview will help you better understand the women in your life. And how to naturally increase your testosterone. Donna and Doctor Mindy also discuss valuable information for men and women who want to have children.
Dr Mindy’s upcoming book Fast like a Girl , is available now. It makes the science of fasting easy to understand and, more importantly, helps women understand how they can power up their hormones, lose weight, and feel and look their best and age well.
- For a lot of our lives, women have been told many different things about eating and mealtimes. Mindy was one of them. What is starting to be understood—through various studies—is that Time Restricted Eating is the way humans are supposed to eat to stay metabolically healthy. Meaning that diseases like diabetes, obesity, Alzheimers, heart disease and hormone imbalances can be prevented and even reversed by when we do and don’t eat.
- During these resting or ‘fasting’ periods, your body is healing itself.
There are a lot of different fasting diets around, but Dr. Mindy focuses on the one that has the best-proven results and is the easiest to follow.
- Women’s hormones make eating and lifestyle much more complicated.
- Estrogen loves it when you fast, particularly if you are going through an estrogen decline, such as during menopause. Progesterone is the opposite and does not want you to fast.
- Low testosterone has become a problem for both men and women.
- Men can fast whenever they want, but still need to “step out of fasting” at times. 5:1:1 is good for them.
- Menopause – as estrogen declines, you become more insulin resistant. We are moving into a time where people are more fluid with their sexuality and gender, with research on hormones and their impact becoming more prevalent, it may give us some answers to why we are seeing more of this in the modern age.
- Hormones are far-reaching in our lives, they impact our health, our relationships, and much more. Fasting can help us gain control over our hormones and create a lifestyle more in line with what we evolved to be.
FREE Gifts With Book Purchase
When you buy Dr. Mindy’s new book, you can take advantage of two free gifts:
- Free entry into Dr. Mindy’s 3-day global water fast – If you’re ready to make the most of 2023, she’ll show you how a 3-day water fast can help clear your mind and give meaningful insights into what’s important in life.
- Free Fast Like A Girl course – It’s time for the world to embrace that every woman needs a lifestyle that matches the cadence of her hormones. You don’t need to try another diet, or get to the gym more, you need to understand your hormones and create a fasting lifestyle that has you living in harmony with your hormones.
About The Guest
Dr. Mindy Pelz, D.C is a bestselling author, keynote speaker, nutrition and functional health expert who has spent over two decades helping thousands of people successfully reclaim their health. She is a recognized leader in the alternative health field and a pioneer in the fasting movement, teaching the principles of a fasting lifestyle, diet variation, detox, hormones, and more. Her popular YouTube channel (which just celebrated 18 million lifetime views) regularly updates followers on the latest science-backed tools and techniques to help them reset their health. She is the host of one of the leading science podcasts, The Resetter Podcast, and the author of three best-selling books; The Menopause Reset, The Reset Factor, and The Reset Kitchen. Dr. Mindy has appeared on national shows like Extra TV and The Doctors, and has been featured in Muscle & Fitness, Well + Good, SHEknows, Healthline, and more. For more information, please visit https://drmindypelz.com/.