Barley Grass, Alfalfa and the Other Healthiest Grasses You Should Incorporate Into Your Diet
Nutritional grasses are complete foods ready to blast your body with a stream of nutrients that will keep it strong and powerful throughout the day!
Nutritional grass, or cereal grass as it is also known, is the young green plant that soon grows into a cereal grain. It is important to note, however, that grasses are not a grain. If you are avoiding barley grass or wheat grass because you are avoiding the protein called gluten, these grasses are safe. They are totally gluten-free!
You’ve heard of them – barley grass, wheatgrass, oat grass, alfalfa. They’re all part of the “healthy grass” family and have scores of vital nutrients.
In fact, the nutrient profile of cereal grass is similar to those of the most nutritious dark green vegetables.
Cereal grass has been used as a food supplement since the 1930’s when it was observed that nutritional levels of milk took a dip when cows weren’t munching away on young, green leaves. From that point on, the light bulb was lit and systematic research began on the benefits of nutritional grass. 1
What is it that Makes Nutritional Grass so Nutritious?
Every single vitamin, amino acid, enzyme or mineral needed to support animal life is in grass. 2 It is a total food in itself and needs no other food to complement or complete it. 3 Very self-sufficient, don’t you think?
If we check in with our innate wisdom, our bodies will tell us that nutritional grass and greens is just what we need for survival. Haven’t you ever wondered why dogs and cats love chomping on a good field of healthy grass…especially when they don’t feel well and need energy to heal?
For centuries, animals lived on nothing but this complete food.
It used to be that only your “strange” neighbor who spent too much time at the health food store would grow and juice his own nutritional grass, but now everybody’s doing it! Take a look some of the benefits and you’ll see why juice from green grass and plants has become so popular:
Barley Grass –
- Contains 11 times the calcium in cows’ milk
- Has nearly 5 times the iron in spinach
- Holds 7 times the vitamin C in oranges
- Packs 80mg of vitamin B12 per hundred grams 4
Wheat Grass –
- Can improve the digestive system
- Helps relieve constipation
- Detoxifies the blood
- Cleanses the liver5
Oat Grass –
- Has up to 30% protein
- Loaded with vitamins, calcium, iron, lecithin, magnesium, pantothenic acid, phosphorus and potassium
- Illuminated with rich chlorophyll – nature’s blood cleanser
- Rich in minerals and nutrients
- Has 8 essential amino acids
- Alkalizes and detoxifies the body (especially the liver!)
- A natural anti-fungal
All it takes to grow your own green food is a small container, fresh water and healthy soil, a little sunshine and anywhere from 7-15 days before it’s ready for juicing. A good juicer with blades specifically for cereal grass is the only tool you need to have fresh green juice every day.
But let’s say you’re commitment shy and don’t want to invest in a juicer or take the time to give the grass the attention it needs while growing or you simply don’t have time to prepare the juices routinely.
Body Ecology’s VITALITY SuperGreen is a mighty combination of ultra nutritious whole foods designed specifically to balance, heal and revitalize your entire body, with an extra special focus on nourishing your digestive tract. It’s a simple and convenient way to have a green drink without growing your own!
One of our most popular products, VITALITY SuperGreen is an exceptional source of complete, easily assimilated protein, enzymes, vitamins, minerals, lignans, essential fatty acids, nucleic acids, and beneficial microflora.
What makes VITALITY SuperGreen stand above other green drinks on the market?
Fermentation – the Easiest Way to Multiply
Fermented foods have an extraordinary amount of beneficial bacteria to establish and nourish a healthy inner ecosystem. By fermenting greens, grasses and algae, we’re actually multiplying their massive nutritional value by the hundreds!
- Our innovative formulation includes:
- Fermented Algae
- Fermented Green Vegetables
- Fermented Soy Lecithin
Our Taste Buds Always Tell the Truth
Some green drinks aren’t always so palatable. In fact, some of them are sure to cause a wrinkled nose. But VITALITY SuperGreen has been specially formulated to challenge taste skeptics and give your palate something enjoyable. We are often told by happy customers that Vitality SuperGreen is the best-tasting green drink on the market.
Mix Vitality SuperGreen with:
- Undernatured whey protein concentrate (casein-free, lactose-free)- helps with detoxification by increasing levels of glutathione in the liver. It can be perfect blended with young coconut kefir and liquid minerals as a “good morning” adrenal tonic.
- Coco-Biotic – a delicious probiotic drink that will add a little fun and fizzle to the greens
- A scoop of cocoa or carob powder, raw almond butter, coconut oil, a dash of peppermint extract and Stevia Liquid Concentrate – a natural sweetener – to form a thick paste. Spread a small amount on parchment paper to make patties, freeze for 20 minutes, and you’ll have a nutritious and delightful chocolate treat! This special treat would not be a Body Ecology stage one food, but we developed it to eat from time to time when you need a healthier substitution to chocolate candy. Most kids love them and never know their veggies are secretly hiding inside a yummy mint patty. They melt quickly, however, so eat them immediately upon removal from the freezer.
Drink to your Health!
Vitality SuperGreen isn’t just a nutritious start to your day or a quick revitalizer in the afternoon. It’s also a gentle and nurturing healing tool as part of the Body Ecology Diet and health recovery.
Our green blend will:
- Help repair the mucosal lining of your stomach while assisting to create a balanced inner ecosystem
- Enhance digestion with beneficial bacteria and yeast
- Alkalize your blood (the way it has to be to remain disease free!)
- Support the growth of healthy microflora in your digestive tract
- Provide boundless energy to breeze you through your day
- Neutralize toxins in the body
Nourish your digestive tract with VITALITY SuperGreen – a powerful whole foods and herbs combo of cereal grasses and micro-algae. Learn More About Body Ecology’s Vitality and Order Now!
The Proof is in the Green Pudding
Beyond all other differences, what makes Vitality SuperGreen so superior are the fine ingredients. Each wholesome scoop is like a powdered salad made of:
- ALGAE – Three types that are an excellent source of nutrition and protein (perfect for vegetarians!)
- CEREAL GRASS JUICE of Barley Grass and Alfalfa – providing vital nutrients and chlorophyll
- FERMENTED AND UNFERMENTED VEGETABLE BLEND of spinach, parsley, collards and kale – for easy digestion
- FERMENTED ALGAE BLEND – to boost vitamins and minerals beyond calculation (includes the latest super-star antioxidant, Astaxantin)
- INTESTINAL SUPPORT BLEND – including Glutimmune (peptite-bonded Glutamine), fiber from chicory root and flax seed, GMO free soy lecithin, and aloe vera extract
- PROBIOTICS – to feed the gut’s healthy micro flora and keep it brimming with vitality
- SUPER SUPPLEMENT BLEND – antioxidants, digestive enzymes and essential fatty acids so you have a full coverage policy to keep you feeling fantastic
It’s Easy Being Green!
Vitality SuperGreen is convenient and ready to go whenever you are. Just put two scoops in a glass, add water, give it a little shake and a stir, and it’s ready for slow sipping and a smooth entry into your system.
Body Ecology’s Vitality SuperGreen is a delicious way to rebuild and recharge your immunity and to create new vitality and fervor. Renew and revitalize yourself today!
- Cereal Grass, http://www.kentuckyamerican.com/kyamerican/wheatgrass.htm
- Cocoon Nutrition, Scientific Breakthrough for Radiant Health, http://www.cocoonnutrition.org/catalog/page_springreen.php
- Alfalfa Source, http://www.qni.com-gic/herb/alfalfa.htm
- Herbal Information Center, Barley Grass: Herbs, http://www.qni.com/~gic/herb.barley.htm
- Wheatgrass – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, http://en.widipedia.org/wiki/Wheatgrass