Four Steps To Cleanse Toxic People And Thoughts!
By Donna Gates, as seen on:
Sometimes when we experience a massive shift in our mental, emotional or spiritual life, things can get worse before they get better.
One of the first things that we must confront with any addiction, whether it is to a toxic substance, an unhealthy distraction or an abusive relationship, is the level of honesty that we bring to the table.
This means that in addition to coping with the neurochemical balancing act that is taking place in the body, we also must look closely at what we desire, our resolve and long-term objectives.
These are big questions. And asking them can stir up quite a storm. Nonetheless, every day many of us are making a change for the better. We are making changes, weathering the storm and seeing the benefits.
How we nourish our physical body is very similar to how we nourish our mental and emotional body.
First: I always make sure that I have the physical energy to cleanse. When we detoxify, we can sometimes experience what is called a Herxheimer’s reaction. This is the result of a die-off of pathogenic organisms in the body. In order to manage the transition from point A to point B, it is essential to first fortify the body, mind and spirit.
In life this means things like:
- Eating only foods that truly nourish the body.
- Keeping up a physical and spiritual practice that brings balance to life.
- Taking time out that is devoted to you and your dreams.
The Second and Third Steps: The second and third steps that I apply to a physical cleanse are to correct my digestion and to resolve any infections.
When we detoxify on a mental, emotional, or spiritual level, we must ask:
- How am I digesting life? In other words, am I able to receive and assimilate my life experience?
- How can I enhance what I receive and assimilate? For example, what takes priority? Maybe a daily meditative practice or morning affirmations will do the trick.
- Am I allowing toxic people or toxic situations into my life?
- What are my triggers? Or in other words, what makes a bad situation worse?
- What beliefs do I hold that support unhealthy relationships and unhealthy habits?
The Fourth Step: The fourth and final step is the cleansing process itself.
This process on a physical and mental level is where the big shift comes. So keep allowing yourself to let go and affirm that you are ready to heal.
Once I reach this step, I know that I am fully supported, that my goal is in sight and that my success is inevitable!