Colon Cleansing: How to Do It & The 3 Most Important Reasons Why
Are you feeling tired, sluggish and achy? Not at your best? It may be time to focus on cleansing. We created the perfect place to start regardless of how bad or minimal your symptoms are.
It has been said that all disease begins in the colon, but Body Ecology founder Donna Gates takes a more positive and more comprehensive outlook, saying, “All health begins in the digestive tract and creating a healthy colon is a great first step to wellness.”
Why is your colon so critical for good health?
Think of your colon as the waste management station of your body. All of the cells and tissues in your body – and your major organ of detoxification, the liver – rely upon a well-functioning colon so they can cleanse your body of toxins.
Yes, waste products that are left over from digestion of the food you eat is sent to your colon to be safely excreted from your body, but also important nutrients and hormones are still being absorbed or manufactured there as well. When everything is working in an efficient manner, your colon would be not only handle the waste, it would alsoabsorb leftover nutrients (like water, electrolytes, and vitamins) from digested foods and send them back for your body to use.
In essence, your colon is deciding what to get rid of and what important nutrients to redistribute.
Now, if you think it’s rare for people to have issues with their colon, think again!
Here are 3 important reasons everyone can benefit from colon cleansing:
- The average person has between 7 – 10 pounds of old fecal matter in their colon, even with a bowel movement each day.
- The accumulation of waste on the walls of your colon creates the perfect breeding ground for parasites, yeast, bad bacteria and viruses.
- In fact, for too many people today, detoxification pathways are essentially blocked. Over time, toxins build up. It is estimated that the average person is exposed to over 123 toxic chemicals each day from food, water, air, stress and personal care products.
Blocked detoxification pathways can result in autointoxication, which according to Dr. Bernard Jensen in his book Tissue Cleansing Through Bowel Management, “produces undesirable consequences in the body and is the root cause of many of today’s diseases and illnesses.”
Symptoms of blocked detoxification pathways or autointoxication are:
- Not feeling well overall
- Hormonal imbalance
- Achy muscles and joints
- Mucus discharge
- Fuzzy thinking
- Difficulty breathing
- Flu-like symptoms
- Vision issues
- Candida (yeast infection)
- Weight gain
Autointoxication can occur for four main reasons:
1. Your colon gets backed up. If your colon gets backed up, waste can back up into the rest of your digestive tract and eventually, into your kidneys and liver.
2. Your body lacks the energy to make your colon function properly. In this case, the problem is not really your colon…it is a lack of energy to move contents through it in an efficient amount of time. Basically you lack the energy that allows your colon to do its job. In particular, energy comes from your adrenals and their partner, your thyroid. Adrenal fatigue or low thyroid are two common causes of constipation or a sluggish colon. Stress and a lack of sleep weaken these energy-producing organs.
3. Your stomach lacks adequate amount of hydrochloric acid. Consistently taking digestive enzymes that contain this vital stomach acid ( HCL) is often the key to eliminating constipation. Hard to believe? It is true. HCL is the enzyme that triggers all the other digestive enzymes to work effectively. It is also essential for absorbing minerals. Both contribute to having more efficient peristaltic movement…the muscle contractions that push food through and out of your colon.
4. Your liver is congested. A liver that is sluggish and clogged-up from toxins creates a vicious cycle where a toxic colon poisons the liver and the congested liver slows down peristaltic movement. Stop poisoning your liver with drugs, alcohol, chemicals and angry negative thoughts and clean your colon.
Colon Cleansing Solutions
One of the important principles of the Body Ecology system of health and healing is the principle of cleansing…in other words, detoxification.
There are many ways to detoxify your body, including eating a healthy Body Ecology diet. To learn more solutions, read: A Concise Guide to Detoxifying Your Body the Most Effective Way.
But how do go about colon cleansing? It’s easier than you think!
Here are 3 important colon cleansing solutions everyone should know about.
- Colon Hydrotherapy – Colon hydrotherapy is done with a qualified colon hydrotherapist to guide you through the process of colon cleansing. A colon hydrotherapy bathes your entire colon with 10 gallons of pure water. To learn more, read: Powerful Tips to Improve Your Digestive System’s Health: From a Conversation with Nancy Spahr, CBE & Colon Therapist.
- Home Enema – A home enema allows you to cleanse your colon from the privacy of your own home in between colon hydrotherapy sessions or if you are experiencing symptoms of die-off. To learn more about how and why to do an enema, read: Home Enemas: How and Why You Should Perform Them to Help Achieve Optimal Health.
Easy, effective and affordable at-home colon cleansing: A colema is one of the gentlest and most effective ways to cleanse your colon, allowing your liver and tissues to detoxify. If you want to cleanse your colon in the privacy of your own home, now you can, with the Colenz™ Home Cleansing Unit!
The safest and highest quality colema board system on the market, the Colenz™ Home Cleansing Unit comes with a sturdy, non-allergenic colema board, surgical grade tubing and a special built-in safety device that keeps the rectal tip in the right place.
Learn more about the Colenz™ Home Cleansing Unit and purchase yours today (shipping included with purchase)!
- Colema – The colema is a cross between a colonic and an enema. This very gentle, yet effective colon cleansing solution can be done in the privacy of your own home. With a colema, you have a sturdy colema board, a 5-gallon bucket, surgical grade tubing and a rectal tip.The great thing about a colema is that you can hydrate most of your colon while you are lying comfortably on the colema board. A strong folding chair is placed facing the toilet. The colema board is placed on the toilet and chair, so that you can rest comfortably on your back. A pillow and folded towel will make the board comfortable during your colema.To do a colema, you’d fill a 5-gallon bucket with body temperature, filtered water. The bucket should be placed on a sturdy surface no more than 4 feet above your colema board. You will then siphon water through the surgical tubing so that it is flowing freely through the rectal tip. Stopping the flow of water, lubricate the tip with organic extra virgin olive oil and position your body so that you can insert the tip no more than 3 inches into your rectum.Once inserted, you can open up the flow of water for your colema session. According to Dr. Bernard Jensen, the colema is the gentlest and most effective form of cleansing your colon and therefore, all of the tissues in your body.
Colonics, enemas and colemas all use pure water to hydrate the muscles of your colon, loosening up old, hardened fecal matter so that it can be safely eliminated. To help you choose your best colon cleansing solution, we recommend working with a certified colon hydrotherapist.
We have witnessed thousands of cases where improving colon health has led to improving overall health. Supporting your body with colon cleansing and a healthy Body Ecology diet may just be your key to feeling your best again!
To find a certified colon hydrotherapist: http://www.i-act.org/IACTSearch.HTM
 Jensen, Bernard, D.C., Nutritionist. Tissue Cleansing Through Bowel Management (Escondido: 1981), pp. 20.