Chilled Hiziki Sea Veggie Salad with Lakanto No-Calorie Natural Sweetener
This delicious recipe features hiziki, a wild sea vegetable from the pure waters off eastern Japan that is one of the world’s most mineral-rich vegetables. It also features the brand new Body Ecology Lakanto, the amazing all-natural no-calorie one-for-one sugar substitute. (Watch for the new Body Ecology Lakanto recipe book coming soon!)
Body Ecology Lakanto All-Natural Sweetener is the healthiest, safest, most delicious and versatile sugar substitute available because it has:
Zero glycemic index
All natural ingredients
No influence on your blood sugar and insulin release
A one-to-one ratio with sugar — so it’s easy to measure and use
New to the U.S. through Body Ecology’s EXCLUSIVE arrangement, Lakanto is time-tested and extensively proven in Japan. IN FACT, the Japanese Ministry of Health doesn’t just approve Lakanto for use in Japan, they actually recommend it for weight loss, obesity and blood sugar problems like diabetes. In fact, over 9,000 hospitals in Japan serve Lakanto to their patients. And yes, Lakanto does have GRAS status here in the US!
½ cup dried Hiziki
2 Tbsp. organic , unrefined sesame oil (Eden)
2 Tbsp. Lakanto
3 Tbsp. scallions, finely chopped
2 Tbsp rice vinegar
1Tbsp Tamari (San-J, wheat free)
Pinch cayenne pepper
3 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- Soak Hiziki in water till soft, then drain, discarding water.
- Heat sesame oil in skillet till hot then add Hiziki sautéing for five minutes
- Add rice vinegar, tamari, cayenne and scallions and continue to sauté for 3 minutes.
- Pour just enough water to cover all ingredients and cook uncovered, stirring as occasionally until water is gone
- Chill in refrigerator. When ready to serve, toss first with sesame seeds and enjoy.