By Gina LaVerde
- 2 bunches chopped kale leaves
- 1 bunch chopped collard greens
- 1 large chopped butternut squash
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp Celtic sea salt
- Coconut oil to taste
- Water for boiling
- Add kale, collards, garlic and squash to a 4 qt pot. Cover with water and boil.
- Reduce heat and add herbs, nutmeg and sea salt.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes then turn off heat.
- Add a few tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Use an immersion blender to puree your soup or add soup to your high-speed blender to make creamy.
Enjoy this with a side of cultured vegetables for optimum health and mineral absorption. This is a delicious, mineral rich soup that is also low in oxalates.